Chaahat!!!

Hellos people!
Khamma Ghani!
Welcome to the short story of chaahat! I hope you would like it. Do give it a try...

Chaahat!

His father came to know about his over the top attachment and affection towards Ajabde. Ajabde Punwar, daughter of a chief who came under jurisdiction of Mewar. A samant putri.

Rana Udaisingh wanted to marry his first born, a crowned prince of Mewar, Pratap Singh, to a princess of their level. He didn't care if that was a mere alliance than a marriage.

He reminded Pratap of his duties towards his mother land and people, their wishes, their happiness and more. He should forget about all the fake attraction he had for that girl. Pratap kept quite. Not a word. He knew his role well. But he loved her too.

When he told her about his one way conversation with his father, more with a king, she listened silently. Of course he expected her to react. Ajabde was not a girl to tolerate anything wrong.

She respected parents and families more like God. Their desires and happiness was her all time priority. She loved their people too. He knew her well. She always stood for the right. Be it for someone or truth, for values or love.

She had warned him about this situation, way before their attachment grew towards love. She was a samant putri. He was to be the next king. He didn't consider this at all. He loved her. Her soul, not her status.

But it was time, to let his family know about that too. He just couldn't confess to his father, that they were not wrong. Their relationship won't ruin anything. But he didn't speak up. Not for love. Not for them!

"Hamare kuch kehne se baat bigad jaati Ajabde. Aap to jaanti hai Hume." He blurted out, facing her with furrowed brows.

"Dhanyawad kijiye hamara, humne baat taal di..." He reasoned, pacing here and there.

She was still silent, making him restless. He knew he missed the opportunity. To have her officially in his family.

He was the one, making the first move, telling her about his feelings. She didn't even accept it at first. But he knew she felt the same. May be more. Her eyes, her care, her body language, had shown it all.

Ajabde feared dreams. Dreams those were meant to be broken. She brought the realisation points, how it wasn't possible. How she was not a royal like them. How their statuses didn't match. She never believed status over love but never blamed their parents or society for it.

Today Mewar's king spoke against a mere commoner girl. He didn't care to know much about someone, his son was in love with. He thought, she would snatch away his son, their commander. Away from his duties.

He had to assure him otherwise. He had to convince him, she'll support him in anyway, she was a rajputani too. He had to ask for a chance. To at least prove their faith and love. But he didn't. He stopped in front of her.

"Hum jaante hai yeh sahi moka tha Dajiraj see baat karne ka." He made her look up to him.

"Woh aapko jaante nahi thik see, iss liye esa keh rahe... Vishwaas kijiye jab woh aapse milenge, aapko jaanenge, woh khud aapko apni bahu banane aayenge"

She just stared in his brown eyes. A great warrior, a humble prince, an ideal son and an honest lover was struggling with his emotions, actions and opportunities to sync in his life.

A faint smile appeared on her face.

"Kuch to kahiye Ajabde, chahe to daantiye hume. Aaj aapki khamoshi khaa rahi hai hume..." She slightly raised her hand to his cheek.