i

I unlocked the door to my dorm, walked all the way to my room, and threw myself on my bed. It's only 2 o'clock and I'm exhausted. Some days I feel like an old lady. A really young old lady. Chris burst through my door and flopped himself onto me, sighing.

"You know what's funny?" I asked. I could hear his wheels turning. "You really think I won't stab you." I laughed, making him laugh too. He kissed my forehead.

"You won't. No balls." I turned over and started poking him with my fingers. He screamed.

"Alright alright. I cave." I rolled my eyes. "That's what I thought," I sass. "Now what do you want from me?" He sighed again. Oh god.

"Well, you remember the guy from the café around the corner? Today he asked me out!" I gasped. "Dude, that's amazing!" He shook his head.

"I'm not done. I need you take take the Maxwells tonight." I scoffed and threw my body back down on the bed. "You told me to take the Rowlingtons two nights ago. And you know I can't stand those bad kids." I scowled.

Chris and I started a little babysitting service for after classes to make a little extra money. We both struggled with money, so, going out on a limb, we started our own small business.

"I know I know. But you know I've been waiting for this day for months." He's been crushing on the blond barista for a while. I can't even blame him, he is cute. I groaned. "You are so lucky I love you."

Chris jumped up and started pecking all over my face. I squealed.

"Christian! Get off of me!" I laughed as he gasped. "What am I gonna wear?!" I rolled my eyes and dragged him off my bed, heading towards his closet.

I got off the second bus, following the address Chris gave me. 1470, 1480, 1490, got it! I walked up to the door and knocked, praying I got the right one. Maybe that five was a six? I can't read Chris' writing. He writes like a doctor handing out prescriptions. The door opened and my breath hitches. Holy Black Jesus.

A man with hazel eyes, silky brown hair, light stubble, and a whole lotta pretty stood behind that door. "You're Christian?" I hesitated for a second before giggling, shaking my head. I haven't giggled in a while. A long while. "No, I'm Gabriella. I run the service with him. As a business partner." If I don't go into detail after 'service', people will start thinking I'm a hooker. "Oh." He smiled.

"I'm Lorenzo." He put his hand out, and I shook it. I felt a surge through my body; all the way to my toes. My hands are average size for a normal person but compared to his they were tiny. Yet somehow they still fit perfectly together. He looked into my eyes and smiled. It felt like eternity and eight seconds all at once. Lorenzo shook his head and chuckled. "I almost forgot why you're here. Cami! Come here!"

A beautiful little girl came running towards him. "Daddy!" His daughter has brown, bouncing curls, tan skin, and alluring hazel eyes. He scooped her up in his arms. Lorenzo rubbed his stubbled cheek against hers, making her squeal and pull away.

"Stop daddy! It tickles!" She laughed. I smiled at the interaction. She noticed me and cocked her head to the side. "Who's that?"

"Gabriella is gonna be your new babysitter if today goes well. Are you okay with that?" She nodded and smiled. The little girl reached her hand out and touched my curls. "Her hair is just like mine, daddy. She's pretty." I smiled and she blushed, snuggling into her father some more. "She is, isn't she? Gabriella, this is Camila."

I put my hand out and she shook it. "I'm Gabriella. If your daddy thinks I did well today," I looked at him, "I'll be your new babysitter." Camila smiled at me. "I like you." I chuckled. "I like you too."