"Well, I don't know. I'm kind of clumsy so I don't know if you should trust me to be carrying heavy plates of food." It's true. The reason why I never considered waitressing before is because all I can picture is myself slipping on some non-existent banana peel on the ground, dropping everything onto the floor and giving myself a head injury.

Levi laughed. "You'll be fine, trust me. If it's too heavy, I have metal carts the employees can use to roll the food out on the floor on."

My eyes widened. "Really?!" I exclaimed. "Cool! Then, I'll give the job a shot."

He laughed as he pulled out his phone. "What's your number? I'll text you a day and time start."

With that, I officially quit my job as a barista and was now working for Levi, the best friend of my older sister's fiance.

---------------------------------------

"Here you are," I said, placing the plates of food onto the table. "Can I get you guys anything else?" I asked the couple.

The woman shook her head. "This is perfect, thank you!"

"No problem." I smiled at her and her husband before I walked away, pushing my trusty cart to the kitchen with me. "Man, I love this thing," I said as I entered the kitchen and patted my metal cart.

Sasha, an older-women who was one of the chefs here, chuckled. "I still can't believe you tripped on your first day here last week! We were all surprised at the crashing sounds from the plates."

I cringed. "Please don't bring that up, I'd like to erase that moment from my memory forever." That day, I told Levi he should never have offered me the job because I was right; I did end up tripping and breaking stuff.

"I knew this was going to happen," I mumbled after the incident, as I sat in the break area.

Levi chuckled. "It's fine, you did warn me." He was wrapping a bandaid on one of my fingers that had gotten cut. "Well, there's always the cart."

Yes, indeed there was the cart, which I had been using ever since that day, telling no one else to use it, which they were all fine with since none of them ever used it anyway.

Later that night, once it was closing time and everyone else had gone home except Levi and I, since I had to give him an invitation envelope to Katherine's wedding. He walked into the kitchen as I was finishing up wiping down the counters. "Hey, Nova," he said to me. "You can leave if you want, thanks for your hard work."

"Thanks, I just needed to give you something before I left," I said. "It's the invitation to the wedding."

"Sure, let me just go lock the doors up."

I watched as he walked out of the kitchen, the door swinging behind him. Tossing the kitchen cloth into the sink, I walked over to the lockers for the employees and grabbed my things, when I heard a loud voice coming from the main area of the restaurant.

Worried, I hurriedly walked out to check on Levi, when I saw him standing there with a woman with beautiful, long blonde hair and was wearing a red dress. "Levi, please. I'm sorry," she said. "It was a mistake. I won't make it again!"

Not expecting a scene like this, I stood there surprised for a second before realizing the situation and ducked down, hiding behind a table.

I heard Levi sigh. "Carson, I told you already. I don't want anything to do with you anymore. It's over. It's been over for two months."

"Still, I can't stop thinking about you!" she exclaimed. "I feel horrible about what I've done, I shouldn't have cheated on you! Please, give me another chance."

I scrunched my nose. Ugh, been there done that.

"No," he said. "I'm sorry. Now, leave before I call the cops."

There was a moment of silence before I heard her heave a sigh and turned, her heels clacking on the floor as she ran out of the door.

I stood up slowly as Levi locked the doors, sighing. He turned to look at me, causing me to jump a little. "Sorry, I didn't mean to eavesdrop. I just thought there was a crazy person out here with all that yelling and I wanted to make sure you were okay."

He chuckled. "She is a little crazy, but I'm fine. She just doesn't know when to give up."

I nodded slowly as he walked over to me. "Well, that sucks. I mean, that she cheated. My ex-boyfriend cheated on me, too."

"Really?" His eyebrows rose in surprise. "You're a great girl, I can't fathom why a guy would that to you."

I laughed shortly. "Thanks, but apparently he didn't think I was so great." Shrugging, I sighed. "Well, I don't care anymore. It happened a while ago."

"I'm sure you'll find someone else just as great as you, who won't cheat on you," he told me, smiling. "Anyway, we should go. It's getting late."

I held out a white envelope that was sealed with a wax seal to him. "Here, before I forget," I said. "It's the invitation."

"Thanks," he said, taking it. He looked like he wanted to say something else, but he shook his head slightly. "Let's leave now. As much as I like being here, I'd love to go home and relax before coming back tomorrow."

I laughed. "Alright, let's go."

                            --------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Well, I'm back with another update! How do you guys feel about Levi?? Do you think Nova and him will be cute together? 

As always, vote/comment if you liked so I know I should update more!!