The attack had been executed in such a high velocity that most hadn't reacted but now they started to riot as their leader had been assaulted.

Luca sends out a strident whistle and his men rushed the scene to engage the Anarchists in battle. My eyes though followed someone I had a score to settle with.

Illaria let out an enraged roar and tries to follow Fransesco into the building but I was determined to rip her face off in retaliation for the scratch she gave me earlier.

My mastery of Solaris might not be in par with what Carlo had just displayed but now basking in the sun, I was strong and fast enough to be her rival.

With the speed and strength far beyond that of a normal human, I pushed Lorenzo out of the way and ran towards Illaria. Before she could react I hit her with all the strength I could muster and a loud blast echoed in the yard as I send her flying.

Though she was clearly surprised, she still managed to land on her feet though she held onto her ribs. First, I had thought I broke them, but then she stood up like I never struck her with inhuman abilities.

"You don't know much about our abilities, do you?"

"I think we might have an equal understanding of each others abilities, harlot!" I hissed but from her facial expression, I could decipher that I had guessed correctly. She is a newborn like me.

"Hey, bambina. I don't mind you engaging in a catfight but you should know that we of the Magistrate Clan has an ability called Cementation. It allows us to harden our bones and skin to the point that nothing can break or cut it," Luca hollered at me and I rolled my eyes at him.

What an annoying ability! No wonder the Magistrate was such terrifying opponents. They clearly had enhanced speed and strength equal to that of my own clan using Solaris. But unlike Solaris that draw the power from light, their abilities seem to have no limit.

I grimaced and realized that I might just have started a fight I can't finish.

"How do I fight an opponent who is stronger than me?" I muttered and Alessandro laughed to my dismay.

"All techniques have a limit. If you face an unknown opponent you merely have to be clever. Find their weakness."

"Dammit! I have to tell Alessandro to be more specific next time," I thought but remember Carlo's mentioning that Magistrates was physically superior to other clans but was weak against magical and mental attacks. Unfortunately, I had no mental techniques that would suit this battle so I have to improvise.

Blood Arc was a mental ability though it was only controlled mentally, it could be used for physical attacks. It might not solve this situation but it might help me figure out a way to handle Illaria.

I moved my wrist to my mouth and used my fangs to bleed myself. I heard Lorenzo call my name but I didn't care for the moment.

With my mind, I gathered up all the blood leaving my body and each drop formed a sharp needle.

Illaria frowned at the scene before her. The air was now covered in scarlett needles, all controlled by me and all pointed at my adversary.

I raised my hands and all the needles were send flying towards Illaria, but they merely bounced off. I made another gesture and the needles turned around and attacked her continuingly.

A grimaced grew on my face as I saw no wounds and only the annoyed wailing of the woman I wanted to hurt. I was just about to give up when a screech was heard from Illaria. I seized my attack and let the needles hover in the air, incaging Illaria.