(RW) Chapter Two: Crushes

(A/N I'm not very familiar with Japanese currency, so I'll just use American currency in this fanfic. Hope you guys don't mind. Also, I swear to god if someone makes a hydrolic press joke about the title I will come for you.)

I woke up in the middle of the afternoon.

I had no idea what time it was, I just knew I was hungry.

I slid out of bed and walked to the dining hall.

I looked around and saw nobody else there except for Kirumi.

"So, Kirumi, am I so early that nobody else has arrived or am I so late that everybody except for you has already left?"

"Actually, neither," Kirumi responded. "You're right on time."

How was I right on time? I just randomly woke up and came here.

"Oh." I muttered as I sat down.

"So, what would you like to eat?"

I couldn't think of anything, so I just said, "I don't know, surprise me."

Kirumi nodded. "Very well, I'll try my best." She walked away.

I just sat there waiting until a vending machine with a particular drink caught my eye.

I hopped out of my seat and skipped to the vending machine, reaching into my scarf and pulled out my wallet. (Don't ask.)

I whipped out some quarters and popped them into the coin slot. I punched in B-2 on the keypad and watched as the Panta fell to the bottom of the vending machine.

I picked up the Panta, silently thanking Atua for making Panta a thing.

I admit it, I have an unhealthy addiction to Panta, but do I look like I give a shit?

That's right. I don't.

I turned around to sit back down and nearly dropped my Panta when I saw what I saw next.

Rantaro Amami and Kaede Akamatsu, hand in hand.

I trotted up to them.

Rantaro glanced at me. "Oh, hey Ouma. How are you?"

I smirked at him. "I'm doing pretty good."

That was an understatement. Kaede dating Rantaro meant something to me, and it's not just because I'm happy for them.

..If Kaede is in love with Rantaro..that means Kaede can't date Shuichi.

I know what you're thinking. Why would that make you so happy?

Well, I..like Shuichi.

Everything about him is perfect. His voice, his personality, his navy blue hair, his eyes..oh lord, his eyes, they're beautiful.

..I can't wait to see him again.

"So you and Akamatsu, huh? I mean, I kind saw it coming, but congrats anyways!"

Kaede shrugged. "Well, we were alone together for a while. We were the first two to die after all."

I nodded. "That's true."

Kaede arched an eyebrow. "Did you expect me to get with Shuichi?"

...S h i t.

"No!"

Kaede rolled her eyes. "Sure you didn't."

I looked away, slightly embarrased. I'm supposed to be good at lying!