Who is the Antichrist?

The Antichrist or anti-Christ is someone recognized as fulfilling the Biblical prophecies about one who will oppose Christ and substitute himself in Christ's place.(Wikipedia)

The word "Anti" not only has meanings "Against" or "opposite", but also means " Instead of " ,"in place of".

So Antichrist means "Instead of christ or "in place of Christ". So lets conclude that he will be someone who claims to be christ/God and urges others to worship him.
In revelations he is referred to as a Beast .

Rev 13:1-2: "And I saw a beast coming out of the sea

Rev 13:1-2: "And I saw a beast coming out of the sea.It had ten horns and seven heads, with ten crowns on its horns, and on each head a blasphemous name. The beast I saw resembled a leopard, but had feet like those of a bear and a mouth like that of a lion. The dragon gave the beast his power and his throne and great authority."
We will discuss about all the symbols describing the beast later in this book. For now let me point out some General characteristics of The Antichrist we Get from the revalation:
1.He will arise politically ,he will gain power and authority.
2.The dragon(satan)will grant him power. (he would be supernatural)
3. He will speak blasphemy.
4.He will declare himself as God and force people to worship him.
5.He will gain great power over the world economy that no one will be able to by or sell without his mark(666).
6.He will be accompanied by a false prophet who will spread his glory and ask people to follow him and worship his image.
7.God will defeat him in the end.

These are just some of the traits mentioned about the Antichrist, the bible has a lot more to say about him,which will be covered in this book.