Chapter 12 ~ The Night Before ||

"but you'll never be alone.
i'll be with you from dusk 'till dawn.
baby im right here.
i'll hold you when things go wrong.
i'll be with you from dusk 'till dawn."

~Dusk Till Dawn ❤❤

Applejack's POV:

"But Applejack, the hill is so high up," Rarity whined.

We were both staring at this sorta steep hill. If we made it there on time we'd see the perfect view. It would be sure to help Rarity out.

"Come on, we have to make it to the top!" I gestured her to run up the hill with me.

Rarity made a pouty face at me and walked slowly. I rolled my eyes playfully and sighed. "Fine Rarity, you win."

I ran up to her, and picked her up bridal style. Surprised, she looked at me. I ran up the hill carrying her.

When we made it to the top, I set her down carefully. She stared down the hill and slowly her eyes reached the city.

"Applejack, the view is simply divine," she said shocked. We both stared into Canterlot (the geography is different than Equestria).

"We're just on time." I smiled. The sun was right about to set behind the city. I sat down on the grass, which Rarity followed.

I looked at Rarity while she was staring in awe at the city. She looked so beautiful, how could a girl like her be so broken and betrayed by someone. She deserves all the happiness in the world.

Rarity noticed I was looking at her and she winked. "You don't look so bad yourself."

I felt my face red. "I wasn't-"

She laughed and slowly scooted closer and rested her head on my shoulder. She mumbled something under her breath, and when she did I out my arm around her. Together we watched as the sun slowly set under the horizon.

When the sun finally set, the tempature dropped. I knew Rarity was getting cold, so I held her close for warmth. I didn't have a jacket to give her or anything like those cheesy high school movies always do.

Augh, what are you thinking? You like Dash, not Rarity....

"Can we go home now?" Rarity asked me.

Without saying anything, I picked her up, and carried her down the hill. I set her down at the sidewalk.

"How are you feeling sugarcube?" I asked walking down the sidewalk with her.

Rarity's POV:

No I couldn't. I can't. I don't like Applejack at all. I was very confused of what I was as I walked down the street.

"Thank you so much Applejack!" I hugged her and kissed her on the cheek. I don't know why I did, but I honestly just wanted to see her reaction.

Her face turned this bright red color and I giggled. I linked my arm with AJ's and walked home.

When we made it to my house we unlinked arms and I looked at her bright emerald eyes. "Uhm ah probably have to go home soon," she said to me.

"Can you- can you stay the night here? I would feel so alone and lost if you left me.

Her expression changed. "Anything for you," she said and immediately blushed. I've known Applejack long enough to know she was falling for me.

I walked to her so our faces were inches apart. I watched her face turn another shade of red. I just stared at her eyes, and then her lips.

"Let's uh- let's go inside," she stuttered.

I walked over to the front door and opened it for her. I watched her enter, not saying anything we both ran over to my room.

When I opened the door to my room I was welcomed by a table and two chairs. There was food, Mac and Cheese, and some applepie as desert. In the middle of the table there was a bouquet of roses. And then the heart balloons. This just screamed the CMC and Pinkie Pie.

"Our sisters must've of planned this," I spoke. I looked over to AJ who was trying to take this all in. "Let's eat?"

I pulled out a chair and sat down. AJ slowly walked over and pulled out her plastic chair and sat down. Behind her was my bed, which wasn't covered in a bunch ice cream buckets. They must of cleaned out my room for this little "date table". I didn't know whether to be mad at them or not for being in my room.

I tried striking up a conversation with AJ until we finished our dinner and desert.

"Let's watch a movie!" I said. Right as I stood up, Sweetie Belle walked in, with a little fake moustache, got our dishes out and winked at us both. Then as if on cue, Applebloom and Scootaloo walked in. Sweetie Belle ended up not looking where she was headed and fell on top of Scootaloo.

Sweetie Belle's turned a shade of red as she got up, somehow managing to balance the plates on her hand.

Scootaloo, dazed, got up and helped Applebloom carry the plastic table. Before picking it up, she grabbed the bouquet of roses, and handed it over to AJ with a smirk and nudged her to give it to me.

Scootaloo then continued to pick up the table and then disappeared out the door.

They all did that silently which was pretty funny. I looked at AJ who was holding the roses in front of her wondering what to do.

I grabbed one of the roses, managed to put the stem thing in my mouth. "Be mine," I winked.

Her face turned even more red and she forced a little laugh. She handed me the bouquet. "My lady."

I grabbed it, spat out the rose in my mouth and threw it away. I placed the bouquet on my bed. "Let's watch a movie!"

Applejack's POV:

I had no idea what Rarity was planning. She was acting all weird all of a sudden and I didn't know to react.

"Which movie?" I asked.

She gestured me to her living room, which I followed. She ran over to the couch and pulled out the Princess Bride. She saw my annoyed expression and she pouted. "What, it's a classic!"

I rolled my eyes playfully. "Fine." I sat down on the couch and waited for the purple haired girl to turn on the movie. I sat at the end of the couch.

Rarity scooted closer to where I was sitting and rested her head on my shoulder. "I love you," she muttered quietly.

I didn't get to see the end of the movie, next thing I knew I was waking up from Rarity screaming it was 8 AM and we were going to be late.