"Do you know what Dakaina told me today? That I made a better mermaid than a human." I damned her again in my mind. "That kinda ruined my whole thinking pattern as to where I belong. But, I actually do prefer being in the water, but I don't know if I can go my entire life without having to come up to the surface once and awhile." Saying it out loud felt good, and I'm glad that Taiven didn't react as bad as my brother did; I didn't feel like having to hit him too.

He was actually smiling; I swear I have never seen a bigger smile in my life. It made me smile. We turned another street corner.

"Tara, I have something that I wish to tell you." Taiven said to me, but right now his words were a little lost I a realised where we are. "I think that..." He stopped quickly, when he realised that I wasn't at all paying attention.

I had subconsciously walked here; back to what was once my home. I hadn't been here in almost two months, and the place seemed very unfamiliar to me. I let go of Taiven's hand and walked up to the front steps of the house; it looked rather abandoned on the outside. I took a deep breath before putting my hand on the door knob and turning it; the door was unlocked. I pushed it open and stepped inside with a slight hesitation.

I noticed Taiven still standing in the drive way. "Are you coming?" I asked him.

"Is your father not home?" He replied, looking rather uncertain of himself.

I let out a small laugh, which actually sounded rather cruel. "Hum, no... he died." I'll just leave it at that for the time being. "Now come on!" I insisted extending y arm as he came forward and grabbed it. We stepped into the house together.

The place was in a complete disaster. Things were smashed all over the place, all sorts of weird things were covering the floors, and it smelled really bad. If I hadn't worked at Shellie's and Fish for four years, I might have thrown up; but no, this place was nothing compared to the restaurant.

"It didn't use to be this bad, trust me." I assured him, trying not to laugh at his disgusted face as he looked around.   

We went into the kitchen, and I eventually screamed to death because a rat had passed over my feet. You'd think that after almost two months of seeing really weird fish and sharks, I wouldn't be scarred of many things. But no. Rats are still considered as one of my biggest fears.

I hadn't realised that I had jumped on Taiven until he asked me if I was alright. "Oh, pff yeah I'm good... I just don't like rodents." I tried to sound as casual as possible, I think it worked. "Okay, let me show you upstairs now before a tarantula falls on my head." I said as I got off of him, and hurried upstairs.

It was pretty untouched. Ridge's room still had bolts on the door, and mine was still neatly place everywhere. Yes, I'm a neat freak, so what? For some reason, at the sight of my room I felt like crying, again. Why! I didn't even want to cry, so why was I doing it? I have no more control over myself. 

I stepped into my room and sat down on my small bed, and yes, I started crying. Damn tears. "Tara" Taiven said to me. He was leaning against the door frame, looking rather sexy and worried. "I can leave if you wish."

I shook my head. "No I need someone here to make sure I stay sane." I said through my tears. He made his way into my room, and sat down on my bed beside me, and started to rub my back.

I tried to recompose myself quickly; because there was no way that I was going to spend another hour crying about how much my life sucked. When I had calmed down, about en minutes later, I reached for a small photo that I kept on my night stand. I showed the picture to Taiven who immediately burst out laughing. It was a picture of me working at Shellie's and Fish earlier this year. Yes, that meant Goth Girl with the ridiculous pink hat and apron.