Chapter 5: His & Hers

"Did he really say it was on the farthest left bench?" Lisa asks in scrutiny, finding it really hard to believe that a movie-like scenario like this could actually happen in real life—her best friend starring in it.

The girl in question fidgets, looks away in slight embarrassment as she recounts the exact exchange of words between her and Jungkook, "Well, not exactly...but he did say the west side, far from everyone's judgment so I figure, you know—"

"Chaeyoung," Lisa deeply sighs as she finally puts two and two together.

"You're not modifying the things that actually happened just so it would seem like he is Jeon Jungkook, right? You're not forcing it because you like Jungkook, are you?"

No.

Absolutely not.

Out of all people, Rosé thought, Lisa should know best she's into someone else and that she's not the type to get easily swayed by damn hot looks!

So what the hell is her friend saying? "What do you mean?"

"Oh come on Rosie, I'm your best friend." Lisa scoffs at her, "I think I know it when you like someone more than just a fan."

"Well you're wrong," Rosé pouts as she crosses her arms over her chest, "because I definitely don't!"

"Yeah, you definitely don't that's why you dash to your room as soon as the BTS V-Live notification pops on your phone and you force yourself not to squeal every single fucking time his face appears on the screen—"

"How did you—"

"I sneaked into your room a couple of times whenever you unexplainably hid yourself in the room with a giddy face," Lisa shrugs, not even the least sorry of what she just confessed.

"I thought you were flirting with someone finally so I peeked, only to find out that you were just having a humongous crush on a particular idol."

"That's not true!" Rosé defensively whines yet her flushed skin tells an entirely different story. "I'm just a fan of them all. I like BTS, but not just them. EXO, Seventeen, Day6, GOT7—"

"Bullshit," Lisa calls on her. "We both know you aren't that much of an idol music fan."

"That was before!" she stomps in frustration, her cheeks all puffed up. "Now I find it cute and energizing, and uh—it's not just about music too, it's about their daily lives and learning from them, because uhm, you know, I'm an idol too and it's, uhm, good to learn from others especially from our successful sunbaes. Right?"

"Then how come the only idol group I have seen you watch like a total creep is BTS?" Lisa cocks a knowing eyebrow at her friend.

After a momentary period of silence, Rosé lets out a deep sigh.

Giving up—and kind of hating her best friend for knowing her like the back of her hand, she relents, "Okay, whatever."

Lisa squeals in delight, "I knew it! I knew you like him! So it's just totally because you like Jungkook that you think it's him."

"No," Rosé shakes her head, "It's not like that. It's just," Rosé clutches her chest, "I don't know, I just feel like it's him."

"Rosé—"

"But you're right," she laughs humorlessly, "only in a drama or a novel would something like this happen. For God's sake he's a BTS member. He doesn't have time for pen-pals. He doesn't need pen-pals. He probably has girls lining up for him to give him pleasure, whatever. Right, he probably just sexes up gorgeous girls in his spare time—"