Chapter 2: Her Truth

Today as a weird day is definitely one for the books.

If weird meant that a CEO of a big entertainment agency announces that their most marketable female idol group is finally coming back after a hiatus of almost a year.

"We're coming back!!!" Lisa shrieks in excitement and clings on Jennie's back, forcing the latter to carry the maknae.

"Well fucking finally," Jennie says in a deriding tone, yet her smiley expression fails to concede her true feelings.

"I can't believe our comeback has a date already!" Jisoo jumps in the happy fest, making her sing randomly as usual. "My favorite day from now on is June—"

"Yes!" Rosé, the girl who's in her own world again exclaims, making the three girls stop in their tracks, the happy virus immediately extinguished.

But she doesn't notice nor do the girls get a chance to ask what was that about when Rosé swiftly enters her room and locks it, completely deaf and blind from everything else.

"Yes, yes, yes!" Rosé continues her euphoric cheering as she jumps on her bed and goes on to kicking the mattress with her long milky legs so hard as if she's competing in a swimming tournament.

Yes, just like the other girls, Rosé is out-of-this-world happy with the news their chairman announced to them today.

But for a different reason.

Sure, Rosé is glad that they're finally having a comeback, a mini album, an official light stick and a concert tour with that, but those aren't the icing on the cake.

What's even sweeter than those is the fact that she'll have the perfect excuse to bail.

-

It was last night when the moment she had been dreading happened.

Let's meet.

Let's meet.

Let's meet. Let's meet. Let's meet. Let's meet. Let's meet. Let's meet⁠—

Rosé's heart flew out of her chest and had gone deranged as soon as she read those words.

"Calm down simjang, calm down," she said in between harsh breaths, holding her chest tightly to calm the erratic rhythm of her heart.

Scared, nervous and totally freaked out, she never thought it was possible to feel all three emotions at the same time until now.

Why does he suddenly want to meet up?

Why, when they've been doing so well as friends⁠—maybe even as soul mates⁠—without having to give each other a name or a face?

Rosé wanted to argue that it was way too sudden, but who was she kidding?