Chapter 3: His Luck

"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm BlackPink's Rosé."

A potful of honey drips in the room as soon as her charming voice cheerfully greets the staff. A huge contrast against the awkwardness she's feeling inside.

It's a rare occasion after all that she's the first artist to arrive. Add the fact that she doesn't know what to expect at all in the meeting.

Not that she's totally clueless, just that all she knows is she's going to participate in a special stage.

According to her manager, Inkigayo is going to have a series of special collaborations featuring main vocals of idol groups, and soloists on their super concert next week at Thailand.

Fortunately, BLACKPINK was invited, and for the first time, will be attending.

She wonders who she will be having a duet with.

She hopes it's a female idol⁠—she's had enough of the countless scandalous ships she has with other male artists she has never even had a decent conversation with.

Soon after, idols and a few soloists quickly fill the room and Rosé couldn't be more thankful to see familiar friendly faces.

Twice's Jihyo, whom she have done a special stage with three years ago, and Red Velvet's Wendy greet her warmly, asking how she's been and congratulating her for BLACKPINK's successful comeback.

There is BTOB's Eunkwang-ssi too who makes everyone laugh with his funny antics.

Ah, Heize too who the girls guested together with in one radio show guesting, as well as Hwasa who is currently promoting her latest solo single.

Tick-tock.

The clock strikes at exactly 12 noon.

Rosé scans the room as the staff prepares to finally start the meeting. She then notices that all the main vocals of the idol groups and soloists confirmed to attend the concert have arrived.

Except one.

Except him.

It's understandable however.

Everyone knows how busy the guy has been since they got globally recognized for their effort and talent, as well as the strength and love of their fandom.

From north to east, south to west— every show wants them on.

They're so in demand that even those that are fans of other idols know that he and his members have been squeezing in English classes every little free time they get as they begin to become more and more active in America.

Rosé knows.

She knows.

Yet she couldn't help but frown on his no-show today.

"Aish, why am I even disappointed? It's not like⁠—I even like someone else. Why am I like this?" Rosé scolds herself.

It's weird, and she again knows it.

She's into someone else, and that's for certain.

Yet, she can't help herself from being a little attracted to this certain idol.

She wonders, maybe he's just really cute and his sweet voice is just so alluring. The way he dances so sensually too—though Rosé wouldn't admit that out loud even to herself.

Rosé doesn't get it, but to put in simple terms, she has a little crush on him. Just the way a normal fan does.

She's not in love with him; she just adores him as a fan. Her feelings for her pen pal is definitely more real and stronger.