The Dreags

Kong POV

"I am not letting you go anywhere alone with that man."

"I need you to stay with Arthit."

He wanted to talk alone, opening the secret passage from my office into the depths of the palace, I had a feeling I should listen but my first concern was Arthit, he was too pale and I would never let him be alone with the professor.

"What did you give him?"

"Something to keep him still."

"Arthit has allergies."

"Not to this."

They knew too much. Em tries to stop me when I follow.

"He's a Dreag, we both know what they do."

"I don't think my...grandfather has come to kill me." I tell him watching the man. "At least not tonight."

He looks away, something strange flickering in his eyes before he could hide it. Was he my grandfather, if not then who was he?

"Let us not talk here." He walks forward. "Come, majesty."

I pat Ems shoulder walking past; they had a reason for coming and I wanted to know what it was. I follow him as he walks with sure footsteps down the secret passages, opening them with ease. I have been down this corridor before but apart from a landscape painted on the full wall, a large tree in the center, there was nothing more.

"This is what was here before they built the palace." He points to the paining. "They used the wood to make the great hall and the throne. The king should never forget his roots."

He takes out four tiles from his cloak and a large key, placing the tiles into tiny holes and pushing them in sequence until we heard something click. I knew they were there; this was their purpose? A branch on the three turns to reveal something in the wall. He places the key inside and turns, a soft rumble as I hear sand fall. Wheels turn and the wall beaks apart and opens.

He lights another torch, handing one to me before heading inside. It's similar to my office, lined with books, scrolls, boxes, and objects new to me.

"What is this place?"

"My gift to you, majesty. Knowledge." He looks around. "The Library of the Kings."

The library was said to hold the secrets of the original founders. Diaries and journals of the past King's. My eyes get hazy as I look around, it must be the dust.

"Why? "

"You may need the secrets of the ancestors in the coming days."

"I'm starting a war. Shouldn't you stop me."

"We both know who's starring it."

He knew more secrets then the people protecting the kingdom, he didn't deny or confirm it, was he really my grandfather?

"I saw you die."

"You saw a man die." He walks to a shelf. "A man who looked like me."

"I always hated it when elders told me things in parts." I tell him. "Don't talk in riddles and tell me."

He laughs, it sounded tired and barely used but so familiar.

"Do you know what happens when the queen, carrying an heir, bears twins?" He asks placing three books on the table, his hand hovering before adding a fourth. "The first born is kept and the second is hidden away."