The Voices in the Shadows

A/N: I wanted to take a moment to say thank you to everyone, for reading, voting and leaving comments. I know I've said it before, but I really do read every one of them and walk around grinning like an idiot when I see them.

Professor POV

I looked forward to what they would do next, he thought it was a foolish move leaving them a message but it's what made things fun. Protect your king well, Pridi old friend, I would be coming for the boy soon enough. I give orders before heading down the stairs to meet the new arrival.

It was satisfying seeing the man who laughed at others pain sits helplessly before me. Bound but his arrogance still shone through his eyes as his mouth still shouted orders, thinking I would obey. Men like him never learned, they never repented, always believing they could escape their sins.

"You killed my son." He spits out again the moment I walk into the room.

"You killed hundred's, they were someone's son too." I watch him. "Why should yours be special?"

"You killed an innocent child." He watches me with pure hate. "If he was still alive..."

"That boy was as innocent as you." I sit opposite him. "If he still lived, he would have carried on your path and finished what you started."

"You taught him." He hisses. "You helped raise him. Didn't you feel any loyalty any affection..."

I thought I would feel something, maybe pity as he begged for his life but his arrogant orders to let him go only made me realise I was doing the right thing. Even now I felt no remorse, I forgot him as quickly as he forgot the ones he hurt. Back to business.

"Three slates and the key." I ask. "Where did you hide them?"

He looks at me surprised; I can see him trying to come up with answers or lies. But I had little patience, and the tools on the table nearby would help me persuade him quickly enough.

"I don't know...what keys..."

"The keys which open the doors to the secret vaults, only the Kings line has ever had access to." I reply calmly. "Don't lie to me. Do not trick me, or test my patience, I have non for you."

I see fear for the first time in his eyes as I remove the cloth from the table and he sees what's on there. He doesn't need to be told what they can do, he used them all before on people who opposed him. He loved listening to them scream.

"I...I don't know where the room is."

Of course he didn't, that knowledge was not for the likes of him.

"Slates and the key."

When he doesn't answer, I take the heave stone hammer, dropping it on his left toe. He screams as it breaks, the blood seeping into the sand as his cries echo in the room. I wait, no answer I move on to the next one.

"Wait..." He shouts before I carry on. "Wait..."

That was all? He was more useless then I gave him credit for. It was easy to rule and give orders when you had armed men do your bidding, but when you feel pain yourself it's a different matter.

"My...the old elites took them." He answers breathing heavily. "The slates, and Rook...he has the key."

I carry on and break the next one.