|| You Belong to Me. pt 2||

Maven felt his heart flutter when he saw Riley. He waited for Riley to realize it was him, and was elated when he did.

“M-Maven?” The hope in the other boy’s voice made Maven feel light headed.

“Hello Riley,” he replied warmly, looking into his grey eyes.

Maven stepped into the room, the door clicking shut behind him. He couldn’t lock it from this side of the door if he wanted, as the door was purposely locked from the outside. Riley was too happy to see him and leary from the lack of food to take notice.

“Maven,” he said again, full of gratitude and feeling. “I’m so happy to see you,” he breathed, smiling. You could see how tired he was, how overcome with fatigue. Maven walked over to Riley, the black haired male leaning towards him.

Maven stopped a few feet away, sighing contentedly as he took in Riley’s appearance. His hair was in disarray, his clothes askew. There was a bit of dried blood peeking out from the handcuffs, bruises surrounding his wrists and ankles.

“Maven, I don’t know how I got here. I’m really scared. I’m really, really scared.” And you could see it in his eyes.

“There’s no need to be afraid,” Maven said comfortingly, reaching down and cupping Riley’s face. Tears fell again from his wide eyes at Maven’s gentle touch, Maven smiling down at him. “You’re safe now.”

The words went unheard, Riley speaking again. “Maven, you don’t get it. I need to get out. They got you too, they got you too…” He said, and Maven could see that being alone this long had taken affect on him. There was a certain wildness in his yes, searching in Maven’s eyes for something he needed, but he’d forgotten just what it was.

“Some psycho must’ve taken me from my house when you slept over and put me in here. They got you too.”

Maven felt his face twitch in a sudden flare of anger, hand withdrawing swiftly. Riley looked up at Maven in shock, nostrils flaring as he began to panic. He hadn’t realized it, but Maven’s touch had been calming.

“I am not a psychopath.” Maven said quietly, looking down at Riley with a dark expression. 

Realization dawned on Riley’s face, and he slowly leaned away from Maven, shaking his head. “You took me?” He said softly.

Maven smiled, sending shivers down Riley’s spine. It was too warm, too welcoming. “I’ll keep you safe here, Riley. Don’t you see?” An edge started creeping into his voice. Riley leaned into the chair, away from him. Maven’s brow furrowed slightly, his eyes widening marginally.

“The outside world isn’t safe, Riley. There’s only one thing now that’s keeping us apart, and soon, it will be removed. Then we can be together, safe and sound. But if I let you roam free, they would take you away from me, and I can’t have that.”

“You… took me.” Riley said, still processing the information he’d been given.

“I’m keeping you safe,” Maven corrected gently.

Riley’s brow furrowed slightly, and he shook his head softly.  “You’re crazy,” he whispered.

“I AM NOT. CRAZY.” Maven shouted, his hair falling into his face as flecks of spit flew from his mouth. His lips curled as he slammed his hands down on Riley’s wrists. He needed to learn a lesson. Riley cried out in pain, Maven’s eyes wild. Riley’s eyes were wide, filled to the brim with fear. Maven had gotten the light to move, the single bulb swinging back and forth. It casted Maven’s enraged face into ominous shadow, then into clear definition.

Their faces were inches apart, and Riley could hear the soft pants leaving Maven’s lips, see the slight tremble of his body. He watched as Maven’s mood shifted, though his eyes never lost their saucer-like stare.

“I just want to love you until the day you cease breathing. I’ll be there to hear your heart stop beating. I’ll be there, looking into your eyes as your soul goes to the next life. I’ll always be with you.”

“I love you, Riley.” A wide smile graced his lips, brow twitching as it tilted upwards. He leaned forwards, smiling as he planted a kiss on Riley’s lips, closing his eyes. Riley’s lips were unresponsive, his grey eyes wide open. His heart was doing a panicked dance in his chest, and he couldn’t bring it to a stop.

Maven pulled back, stepping back to observe Riley’s reaction.

Riley simply stared into Maven’s eyes. There was a long moment were the pressing silence rung in their ears. “Who’s trying to take me away from you?” Riley asked quietly.

Maven felt a pang of irritation course through him, brow twitching. Was he just going to ignore the fact that Maven just confessed his unfaltering love?

He’s in shock. He wasn’t expecting you to love him so much.

Yes, that’s it.

Maven kept smiling as he said, “Other people. People who think they love you. I can’t take a gamble with your heart; it needs to belong to me and me alone. And they can’t see how much I love you and they’re idiots.” He snarled that last word, some of his hair falling into his eyes. He brushed it aside, regaining his calm. “So they’ve got to go.” Maven finished, putting a hand on his cheek as he gave Riley a smile.

Riley remembered that day when his ex boyfriend, Tora, committed suicide. He jumped off the school roof, and Riley remembered the puddle of blood his mangled body lay in, dead. To him, it seemed out of place. The suicide note he left was typed, and Tora always preferred long hand.

“Was Tora… you?” He said slowly, looking up at Maven through his lashes.

Riley thought back to a month ago, when he’d gotten a text from Yuuto. It had said that his father had him and his mother move to one of their private estates, and that he’d had no choice but to go with.

“And Yuuto?” Riley asked, not breaking the eye contact he had with the prince.

“Yep and~... yep!” Maven chirped, clapping. “You’re so clever, Riley!”

Riley didn’t respond to that, instead asking another question. “What did you do to Yuuto?”

“Ah, I don’t think you’re ready for that,” Maven said, lips pouting a tad.

Riley nodded, then looked up at Maven. “But you will tell me, right? Because you love me?”

Maven smiled sweetly. “Of course, my love. When you’re ready.”

Riley forced himself to smile along with the blue haired male.

“Where’s Andre?” Riley asked, feigning a look of innocent curiosity. He noted that Maven’s smiling façade faltered, lips twitching into a slight grimace. though he was still quick to answer.

“He’s safe,” the prince said tightly.

Riley stared at Maven, waiting for more, but when all that met his ears was silence, it dawned on him that those two words were all he was going to get out of His Majesty.

Maven suddenly stepped forwards, placing a quick kiss on his forehead. Riley tensed, nearly recoiling. Maven pulled back, smiling as he sang, “I’ve gotta go now! I’ll be back with food for you!”

Maven then turned, practically skipping over to the door. He opened it, filling the room with blinding white light for a moment. The door closed shut heavily after he left, and Riley couldn’t bring himself to look away from it, even when he heard Maven lock the door again, saw his shadow move away.

Then, when he was sure no one could hear him, he mourned.