The End

Killer looked down at the sleeping figure of Dream beside him. Error had gotten Ink back. Dust had gotten Blue back. Horror and Reaper managed to return to Lust and Geno but he was still waiting. He sighed and lay down next to her. He watched her sleep for a moment, then, carefully, leant over and kissed her on the forehead.

"Night Dreamy," He whispered. He rolled away from her onto his back and sighed again. Closing his eyes he fell into sleep.

Dream shifted in her sleep. Her mind filled with images as she slept and they blurred and fell together. In one she stood in a nightgown in Killer's room, asking if she could sleep there. In another, he was holding her as she cried. In another Killer's face was above her own looking hesitant. In another, he was looking at her sadly. In another, they lay beside each other just looking into each other's eyes. In another, he was kissing her outside the castle. In another, they were laughing. Dream's eyes filled with tears as she awoke. She wiped them silently away and sat up. Killer lay beside her, asleep. Dream covered her mouth as more tears appeared in the corner of her eyes.

"I'm sorry Killer," She whispered. "I'm sorry I ever forgot about you." Leaning over him, with one hand holding his cheek and the other supporting her weight, she kissed him gently on the lips. His eyes opened and he gasped. Dream began to move away from him, doubt that he'd ever been what she thought he was pervading her mind. He grasped her arm and pulled her back down, kissing her with the love he'd been holding back since last he saw her. They finally separated and looked at each other.

"You're back," Killer whispered. Dream nodded silently.

"I'm sorry I ever left you," She whispered back. "I should've stayed." Killer shook his head.

"No, you had to go."

"But I will never leave again."

~1 year later~

Cross held her little daughter in her arms, rocking her gently as she slept. Moonlight cooed in her sleep and covered her face with her little tiny hands. Her twin brother slept more restlessly. Nightmare held him as he shifted from watching his sister to falling asleep himself and back again.

"Do you think Incubux will ever fall asleep?" Nightmare asked. Cross chuckled quietly.

"No, he inherited your overprotectiveness," She answered. "I pity anyone who even tries to speak to her when she's older." Nightmare chuckled with her.

"What did Moon inherit from me?" he asked. Cross considered.

"I don't know yet but I assume it's your bloodlust."

"Ha! She'll have gotten that from both of us. Don't try to put all the blame on me, woman." Lust and Horror came into the room, with Dust and a pregnant Blue behind them.

"When are Dream and Killer coming back?" Dust asked. "I miss stealing Killer's knives."

"They'll be back just before Dream gives birth," Cross answered. "We've told you this a thousand times, and shhh."

"Sorry," Dust mumbled, putting Blue on a couch.

"We should get a little cabin in the woods," Blue said. "They sound like they're having a lovely time being there all alone."

"I'd prefer a place in town," Lust said. "Somewhere nice but around people." Geno and Reaper appeared behind them.

"What's this about cabins?" Geno asked.

"We're talking about Dream and Killer," Nightmare replied.

"Oh yeah, I'd prefer somewhere in the country."

"Lots of space sounds nice," Reaper added.

"What about Ink and Error where do you think they'd go?" Cross asked.

"I don't know, somewhere Ink can paint?"

"So the city then?"

"Excuse me," Said a voice from above them. "There's nothing to paint in the city. I'd go somewhere I can see the sunset thank you very much." They looked up. Ink and Error lay above them on one of Error's makeshift platforms. Ink was glowering at them and Error was watching her with an amused smile.

"But honey there's more access to paint in the city," Lust said.

"I can make my own!"

"Shh," Cross reminded them, gesturing to her baby with her head.

"With all this talk of moving out," Nightmare said. "Did you want me to hook you up with a place."

"Oh yes," Dust said.

"As long as I don't have to pay for anything," Horror agreed.

"I'm the king I can pay for you. Like I did with Dream."

"Honestly, do you think they're ever really coming back?" Asked Cross. The group collectively shook their heads.

"Maybe sometimes," Said Blue. "But I think they're much too happy where they are to really leave it."

"Yeah," Cross said, nodding. "I think you're right."

Killer walked out with the two cups of tea in his hands. He handed one to Dream saying.

"For you My Queen." Dream smiled and shook her head.

"I'm not a queen anymore Killer," She said.

"You're still my queen and you forever will be." Dream leaned over and kissed him.

"I love you, Killer."

"I love you too, Dreamy."

Kaya and Alliah sat on a tree branch, watching the sunrise.

"We did it Alliah," Kaya said. "We got them through it." Alliah smiled.

"Yeah we did," She replied. They fell silent for a moment. "Guess its time to move onto another book?"

"Yeah, fandom logic means they'll be happy without our interference."

"Goodbye, old friends."

A little cry for the end.

I do have other books that I'm currently writing so feel free to read those.

I've had fun writing this book and I'm grateful to the people who read it because it's your comments and votes that encourage me to write. Especially to @moonriver1728 (Alliah). She's been my constant supporter and I really appreciate everything she's done for me.

Thank you to everyone and happy shipping!