"I am not on his side." Father avoided my eyes.

"But-"

"Please return to your dormitory."

"Father-"

"Go." His tone made me jump to comply. Before I left his office, I saw his expression and it scared me. He looked distraught and I had no idea what his issue was. I sighed and forced myself to push it out of my mind as I hurried to the common room before anyone else could stop me.

~~~~

I hadn't spoken to Father again for the rest of the week. Every time I visited his office to try to speak to him, he wasn't there. It was almost like he was avoiding me, but I didn't allow myself to overthink the situation, as I had other issues on my mind. It seemed like everyone had released a breath of relief when winter break began, and I was eager to go to Hogsmeade to meet Uncle Remus today. I just hoped that he would have some insight on recent events.

Harry, to my annoyance, seemed to have completely given up on the egg for the time being. The second task was approaching fast, and I was more concerned than ever. Not that Ced had any idea either, but at least he was actively trying.

As I entered the snowy village again, I was reminded of the first winter that I had at Hogwarts and smiled to myself. "Cindy sweetheart!" I turned around to see Uncle Remus running towards me and I was immediately pulled into a bear hug. 

He looked quite well, as well as he could be after a transformation anyway. We agreed to go to the Hog's Head Inn so that we could have our conversation in private. Once we arrived, the owner greeted us. He was silent for a moment as he stared at me. I couldn't shake the feeling that he looked familiar but I didn't ask. When I inquired his name, he simply said "Aberforth", and walked away quickly.

We ordered some butterbeer and found a table in the corner to sit down at. Uncle Remus began the conversation. "So how have you been in light of recent events?"

"I've been fine. Unlike Harry, I've managed to escape involvement, well mostly anyway."

"The article-"

I scoffed. "Rita Skeeter is a lying lunatic. I can't do anything about it so I don't care."

"Your letter mentioned that you've noticed some strange things..."

I hesitated. "Our defense against the dark arts professor gives me a bad feeling."

"Alastor Moody?" Uncle Remus questioned in a surprised tone.

"I...can't explain it, but he-he's been teaching us things like how to fight off the imperius curse by using it on us."

"What?" Uncle Remus narrowed his eyes.

"And he's just-he gives me this feeling that I can't shake." I tried to explain. Uncle Remus was speechless.

"There's something else. I erm-had a talk with Draco Malfoy." I muttered in quiet tone. "He told me that his father's dark mark has gotten darker."

"Draco Malfoy told you that?" His tone was unrecognizable. I nodded in confirmation. "But why..." I mumbled incoherently under my breath. "I'm sorry?"

"He said he was worried for me. Basically for the last year he'd been crazy jealous about Cedric and I ignored him and told him not to talk to me until he could stop badmouthing us and be a friend so he had a change of heart I guess." I involuntarily sighed in frustration as I was reminded of my conversation with father.

Uncle Remus noticed of course. "Something the matter?"

I hesitated before responding. "I think father wants me to date Draco Malfoy."

Uncle Remus' eyebrows raised. "I'm sorry?"

I sighed. "He asked me if I thought that people deserved a second chance the other night and has been avoiding me ever since. I don't know why he cares whether I give Draco a chance or not. I agreed to be friends, but I love Cedric."

Uncle Remus' mouth twitched slightly as if he wanted to smile, but he didn't. After a moment, he spoke again. "I highly doubt that Severus is upset because you don't want to date Draco Malfoy."

I glanced at him in suspicion. "What do you know?"

"I haven't a clue what you mean, sweetheart. How's Harry coping after the first task?" He changed the topic in what seemed like amusement.

We continued to discuss the tournament until I began to feel a steady pain in my head. I brushed it off as a minor headache until I realized that the pain was mainly concentrated in the centre of my forehead, where my scar was. I tried to ignored the dull pain until it turned into sharp pains.

Uncle Remus definitely noticed when I began to clutch my head. He insisted on escorting me back to the castle. I knew that he noticed that I was in pain, but he was likely unaware that my scar was the source of the pain.

As we walked back to the courtyard of the castle, Neville ran out of the castle, heading straight for us and nearly knocking me over. He immediately began to apologize profusely. Between trying to catch his breath, he began to speak. "Cindy, I don't know what's up, but Cedric's looking for you."

I hurriedly bid goodbye to Uncle Remus as I began to rush towards the kitchens, my concern growing by the second. He had to be okay. It couldn't have to do with my scar hurting. It just couldn't.

————————————————————————

Hey everyone,

I know this is late, and I'm sorry. I've been working crazy hours.

Lots of love,
-Lily