"Baby," London called out loud. "Talia's calling."

There was no response at first and London was about to pick up his phone and head into the bathroom when he called back, "Answer it, will you? I'll be out in a few."

London sat upright, looking down at the phone for two more rings. Telling herself that staring at the screen would not make the anxious knot in her stomach any looser, she slid her finger across the screen and picked up the call.

"I'll make this quick," Talia said, her voice slicing through the instant London answered the call. "We're moving away from Porte Orlands."

The anxious knot tightened in her stomach.

"Hello, Talia," London greeted, keeping her voice light. "Andrew's in the shower right now so—"

"Could you pass along the message then?"

London frowned. The uneasiness heightened. "No," she replied, finality in her voice. "This is between the two of you so you should tell him. I'm not getting dragged into the middle of this."

"Honey," Talia said sweetly, her voice angelic as always, but her words devilish. "You got tangled into all this drama the instant you followed me out after dinner that Sunday. No, wait. You got tangled up in all of our lives the instant you decided to get involved with Andrew."

London sighed, her good mood nowhere to be seen anymore.

"You really want to cause problems, don't you?" she scoffed, unable to help from lashing out this time. It was out of character for her. London was always the calm and collected one, the one who stuck to her principles, the one who always empathised. At one point she was bound to crack and this precise moment seemed to do just that.

"Leave Andrew alone," she continued, the momentum of a rant building up. "You preach about good parenting but stripping your daughter away from her father, a father who, by the way, brings no harm, who loves his daughter more than anything else in the world, who would die for her — it doesn't make sense. Why would you want Andrew out of Aurora's life if he is what is good for her, if she loves him? I'm not saying you're a bad parent, though, truthfully, you can be a little restrictive at times, but Andrew is a brilliant father. He's a good parent. He'd raise Aurora to be one goddamn amazing woman and you know it. So the fact that you're moving away to separate the two of them is just so fucking stupid. Do you think distance will sever their bond? You know Andrew. You know how far his love goes for Aurora — it's endless. Do you think moving to a different city or country is going to stop him from being with his daughter in whichever way he can? Think again, honey."

A pregnant pause.

Then a cackle followed from the other side of the line. "I knew all that sweetness was just a façade. You're a mean bitch who hides behind the veil of humbleness."

Still heated, London shot her next words with fire. "Well, this mean bitch just spoke the truth. And you didn't deny anything I just said. Also, being humble wouldn't kill you, Talia. Maybe you should try it. It would do wonders for your character."

"God," Talia huffed. "Arguing with you is almost as bad as arguing with Andy. You two belong together."

Though it was meant to offend, London matched Talia's sickly-sweet voice and said, "Thanks, we appreciate the approval."

Talia sighed. "Whatever. Just tell him I called and that we're moving. He'll come the instant you mention that."

Before London could get a word out Talia had cut the call. And just like in all those dramas London loved to watch, Andrew came strolling out of the bathroom, towel around his waist and another towel in his hand, drying out his hair.