Chapter Twenty Five

Lily tucked in her legs as she sat in front of her family's headstone with the afternoon sun warm against her back. She let out a sigh thinking back on her week, feeling grateful it was finally the weekend. They were her days to recover from being around people, and her days to spend with her family.

Ollie was on a shift so she couldn't go with her, but Lily preferred visiting them alone. She gently brushed her fingers over the names of her parents and her sisters, swiping off dew settled on the top of the stone.

"Hi Mum, Dad, Rio and Delta." Lily smiled, fidgeting with her hands. She'd taken off Rio's sapphire ring last night and decided to wear a pair of her mother's silver bracelets. Her mother had a large collection of jewellery that was now Lily's, and when she woke up this morning she felt like wearing some - after the week she'd just had, she wanted her mother's strength and her father's wisdom.

She placed another coloured stone over their grave, smiling at the small collection that had built over the years dotted around the flowers planted and placed there. Ollie placed a new bouquet of flowers whenever she could, rotating between hyacinths, lotuses and lilies.

Lily recounted the events of the past week; from slicing her hand open in science with Karen, the lock down and staying with Jack, finding Andrew's grandfather's diary entry about Granny Haven, the incident in meditation where she fluxed the humidity, to just yesterday where she finally stood up to Isaac after years of him bullying her.

"I went back through the pack's books yesterday to see if there was anything I missed," Lily waffled. "There was nothing new. Just old weather accounts and pack drama. How rare were we that we were never spoken of?

"I mean, Granny Haven's mentioned, I think. It sounds like her to just walk through boundaries and have a run through rogue territory, blowing them a kiss when they couldn't get to her!" Lily laughed as she remembered her wild grandmother.

"And Jack's grandmother was Andromeda!" Lily said, sitting up as the memory flooded in her mind. "Her mother was a supernova too, I can't believe it. Jack's so powerful! She saved my life when the lock down happened, she created the magic that guided me out."

Lily gripped the coloured stones tightly as she also remembered the rogues that tried to capture her. "The rogue called me little river... I still don't know why, I haven't been swimming in years and I've never swam in a river before. I don't know where he's got that from, I did stop him from kidnapping Alice and it was raining then? I'm just pulling at strings."

Lily stopped talking for a bit, her gaze resting over her sisters names. "Rio, you were always so energetic, so filled with energy. You were fearless and confident. Delta, no offense big sister, you were a lot quieter. You spoke only when you needed to and you weren't shy, but you didn't like crowds either. You were both so different, and yet we were all supernatural.

"What legend are we, then? That we can heal within hours, have this crazy strength that doesn't let black eyes heal, and we can meddle with the humidity in a room? What myth have we dug up and become?" Lily mused, and put the stones she'd picked up in frustration back where they belonged, with answers long dead and buried.

"If you ask me, it's one that brings a lot of trouble."

Lily snapped her head around to see Andrew standing at the edge of the row of graves, hesitantly approaching. His icy eyes dimmed seeing the names of her family, and Lily drew herself up a little. This was her time with them, what was he doing here? And what did he mean by trouble?

"Andrew," Lily greeted. "I... What are you doing here?"

Andrew looked to a tomb a few rows back. "My father was buried here last week."