Chapter two

"It wasn't her fault" 'what?' "she was so young" 'What are you talking about?' "How will the mother tell her?" 'Who's mother, who are they talking about!?'
"Lily Kapperson found-"

You wake up in a cold sweat, thinking about the nightmare that just occurred, "What happened to Lily, what's going on?" You ask quietly. You quickly throw on your clothes (not forgetting your bandana), and feed F/A in a rush. You quickly join the Circus in the Sky, worried for the young girl.

As you look around in a panicked manor you see a woman walking at a fast pace towards you looking quite saddened. "Excuse me miss.L/N" the woman asked. "Yes, is there something you need?" You answer her, just wanting to finish talking and find Lily safe. " I need to talk to you" she tells you and your stomach drops, thinking back to the nightmare. "What is it" you ask her in a worried time, "Lily has...... Passed on" she tells you looking downwards to the ground. "No no no no no... How...?" You press the lady, tears filling your eyes. "She was walking home from being with her friends, a drunk driver was at the wheel and she...... She was hit" she finally let's out.

You let out a sob, and then another, quickly you started crying. "I-I have to go I'm so sorry" you say dashing away from the woman. You run into someone by accident and mumble an apology. "It's okay- Y/N!? Are you okay!?" You hear G0Z's voice ask you as you feel a hand take yours. "I- Lily- she's-" you try to find words to say but end with an incoherent mess. You feel like you're being walked somewhere so you keep a steady pace behind the concerned clown. You look up to identify your surroundings and find the doctor's office, as G0Z motions for you to sit down you wipe your eyes from the salty tears.

"Tell me, what's wrong, why are you crying" G0Z asks, taking a seat next to your shivering body. "Lily is.... Lily is dead" you choke out as you pull your hoodie closer to your body. "I'm sorry, Y/N" G0Z says as he pulls you into a comforting hug. "Is it okay if I ask how she passed?" G0Z quietly questions you. "Y-yeah, she was hit b-by a drunk driver w-while she was walking home" you inform him. G0Z growls at your response and hugs you tighter in an attempt to stop your tears. Your mind thinks back to a memory of you two

"Hey that's not fair!" Lily yells as you chase after her, you were playing tag.

"All is far in war Flower!" You laugh as you pick up the girl, swinging her around.

She giggled and laughed as you spun her and finally calmed as you set her down.

"You're like the big sissy I never got" Lily tells you with a wide grin.

"Same with you, shortie" you joke to her.

She groans then yawns and hugs your waist, falling asleep as quick as a light.

You pick up the girl and take her home, greeting her mother and giving her Lily.

It was just a year ago that this happened.

What did she do to deserve this?

"Y/N wake up" G0Z says as he nudges your form, you groan but nonetheless get up. "Hey u-uhm, sorry about that, you shouldn't have had to deal with my stupid emotions" you apologize to the confused looking clown. "It's not your fault, everyone needs help sometimes, I'll always be happy to be by your side to support you" G0Z says as he pats your back, giving you a smile that melted your heart. "Thank you" you exclaim to him and hug him happily, as he hugs you back your face heats up. He takes an obvious notice to your red face and question you "are you okay, your face is red and warm, you might have a fever" G0Z says, cupping your cheeks gently with his gloved hands, making your face hotter. At that exact moment you realized something, maybe it was him cupping your cheeks that made you realize it or not, but you love G0Z.