Chapter 31: I Will Always Remember You

That night all Draco and I did was go back to our room. We just wanted to be there alone, holding each other in our arms. Tomorrow was the last day of school, and we would move in together the next day. If I hadn't of remembered him, I would've gone back to the Dursley's living alone in misery probably. I woke up, and he was sleeping on my chest. I ran my fingers through his hair, messing it up a little more than it was. I just kept leaning my head on his, and I kissed his forehead. 

I was so lucky.. he was the most beautiful person I have ever layed my eyes on. He slowly woke up, and looked over at me. "Good morning, beautiful." He kissed me softly. "Good morning, my love, my life, and my everything." "You are so extra, Potter." He laughed a little and I did the same back to him. "Today's the last day, huh? It's really all over." "Yeah, it's hard to believe. I actually don't know if I really want it to end." "You and me both, Harry."

I really didn't want to leave. Hogwarts has been my home since I was eleven. But it was time for a new life, alone with Draco, and I could still see all of my friends. We got up soon, and went downstairs. Everyone was having breakfast together for the last time. They were all sitting at different house tables this morning though, we were all friends now. 

Draco came with me to sit with Ron and Hermione. "Hey, guys!" Said Hermione, but then she looked sad. "I really don't want to leave. I've had the time of my life, here." "Yeah, same here. Battling dragons, saving the world.. what else could I have wanted?" All of us laughed. "So, when do you and Draco move in to the house?" "Tomorrow, but we're staying with his mom tonight. It's her birthday, so we wanted to surprise her." 

Draco smiled at me. He appreciated me being in his life like that. We ate our food for the last time, and went to pack our bags. Once we were finished I stopped at the door with Draco. "If only I knew what would've happened when I got paired up with you." Draco looked at me. "It was the best thing I've ever had happen to me." I kissed him. "To a new era.." "And a life together.. forever and always." "Forever and always. I love you, Draco Lucius Malfoy, did I mention that before?" "A few times, yeah" he said with a smile. "And I love you too, Harry James Potter." 

We took one last look at the room which brought us together, and we closed the door. "Hey, come with me a minute." "What? Where are we going?" He ignored me and grabbed my hand, pulling me in a different direction. He was taking me to our spot. "I don't want to leave this place, either." "Yeah, I'll miss it. We had our first kiss up here, remember?" "I'd never forget it." We stood there, taking one last look at the view. "Maybe someone else like me will find this place, showing it to someone else like you."

"And they'll start to fall in love, instead of being enemies." We laughed, and we had a few tears run down our faces. "We should go," I said to him. Draco nodded, still holding my hand tightly in his. We walked over to the door, and said our one last goodbye. We then walked down the stairs to see everyone before they all left. 

We said goodbye to everyone, and it was awful. Even though we could see each other anytime, it was Hogwarts. It was our life, being packed away in a day. Everyone was crying. I saw Ron and Hermione and we ran to one another. Hermione jumped into my arms, sobbing into my shoulder. "I'm going to miss you so much. But I have some news." I looked at her confused. "As you know, Ron and I are.. well, together now. And we decided to get a house together. We're moving in to a small house, pretty close to you, actually."

I was thrilled by what she said. "Really? This is great! We can see each other all the time!" I gave Ron a hug and then he hugged Draco, as did Hermione. "You're okay with that, right?" Ron asked Draco. He smiled and said, "Are you kidding? There's nothing more I would want!" We walked out of the castle together, saying goodbye to Hogwarts one last time. We stood there, looking up, remembering all of the memories had. "Thank you," I said to the school. "For bringing me home." I was really crying now, and I wiped away the tears. 

Draco took my hand in his and held it in his, and Ron held Hermione's. We gave each other a huge group hug, crying all over ourselves. "See you soon," I said, and all of us apparated away, leaving the place that we called home for the last seven years of our lives.