Chapter 27: Find Your Way Back

I was speechless. "What?" I asked him with a blank face. "Will you marry me?" He was smiling, then he started to laugh. "Eventually, Potter. Not right now." I took a deep breath. But then I thought about it. I would marry him, any day and any time. "I will, Draco Lucius Malfoy. Just name the time and date and I'll be there." He kissed me on the forehead, then gave me a hug. His arms were my home.

"Yeah, and I'll wear that suit you like so much." I laughed into his chest. "Right, and I'll wear some fun dress robes. I have to get your attention from yourself." "Yeah, I look pretty good in suits, don't I?" I punched him playfully in the arm. "Typical, Draco Malfoy."

We sat down by the fire and just talked. About our future together, and just about everything really. "How do you feel about children?" I looked up. He wanted kids with me.. eventually. "Well, we'll definitely have some. I think one should be named.. Harry the second, and then the other, Harry the third." "You're ridiculous, Potter," he said with a laugh.

"When the time comes, we can think about that. Right now.." Draco started to move in close to me. I felt him breathing on me. "I just want you." I moved his hair off of his face before he threw his face on mine. I felt a drop of water fall on my cheek. It was starting to poor. I pulled him away from me. "Let's go in.. we can just.. resume this inside." Draco got up and held out his hand, and I grabbed it and got up after him.

Draco waved his wand and all of the candles went out, and we made our way to our room. We closed the door and Draco pulled me onto my bed. We just kept kissing for what seemed like forever. I didn't know if anything else would happen, but I let him do what he wanted. We finally broke apart, laying in each other's arms. It was getting late, so we just fell asleep.

I was happy, and Draco was too. Days passed and everything was starting to feel better. Until one day. I woke up to the sound of Hedwig chirping at the window. Draco was still sleeping, but I quietly went over to her. She was carrying the 'Daily Prophet,' and I took it from her. I read the title and I already froze. Draco's parents were being released from Azkaban. The Ministry didn't think it was necessary to keep them in any longer, since they didn't really kill anyone.

I didn't know what to do. But I heard someone yawn. Draco was awake, and he saw me over by the window. "Hey.. what's that?" I just handed him the paper and sat down next to him. He looked up at me. "I knew they'd be released. I just knew it. You know what this means, right?" "What do you mean?" "They don't support me, Harry. They think I'm a disgrace to their family name, especially now."

I held his hand. "We'll figure it out, Draco. I'm with you." He put his forehead on mine. "I really hope you're right, Potter," and then he kissed me. Eventually we went down in the Great Hall for some food, and I tried to keep a happy face on. I was worried, I knew what his family was capable of.

Draco's POV: I couldn't tell him. I couldn't do it, but what other choice did I have? If I didn't, my father would kill me, or he'd kill Harry. Later that night, I'd have to do it and get it over with. No matter how much I hated the thought of it.

Harry's POV: Once dinner was over, I went back to my room with Draco. He said he wanted to talk to me about something, and I knew something must have been wrong. He looked like he was going to cry. "Harry.. you know I love you, right? You're the love of my life, and I'd do anything to protect you." "Draco, what is this about? If it's about your father, then.." He held my hands in his until he spoke again.

"This is the only way to keep you safe. Until I can make things right." "What are you talking about? Draco.. I love you, please just tell me." He leaned in and kissed me. I didn't know what was going on. "Find your way back to me, Harry. And I'll always be waiting..forever and always." I took one last breath before I heard softly, "Obliviate." Everything went black until I woke up again.

Draco's POV: I did it, and I had too. they would hurt him, and now he'd be safe. "Who are you?" He asked me. I kept in my tears and broke out, "I'm Draco.. Draco Malfoy. We got paired up last year and we're enemies, remember?" "What am I doing so close to you?" He yelled, and walked out of the room. I started crying.. I lost him again.

He must have been going to Ron and Hermione, because later that day they came into our room. I was looking through all of the pictures I had of us, wiping my tears as I went through them. "Draco, what happened? Why does Harry hate you?" "I erased his memories.. of me. My parents, well.. my father would hurt him. This was the only way to keep him safe."

Hermione walked over to me, and hugged me. I cried into her arms, I couldn't keep anything else in. "It's going to be okay, you'll find each other again, I know it. You guys have something special." "I really hope you're right." Ron soon came over and put an arm on my shoulder. "We'll be here for you, mate." Ron Weasley was helping me, I still couldn't believe it.

A few more days passed, they were miserable. I had to pretend to hate Harry, and it was the worst feeling. Luckily he didn't seem to notice that my insults were more flirtatious. I always kept my favorite photo of us in my pocket. I took it of Harry when we were writing songs together, he was laughing and smiling at me. The caption said, 'The smile that changed my life.' I never showed him I wrote that.

In Potions, we got paired up to do a project together. I wasn't sure what to do, I just tried to act like I hated him. "Sir, there has to be anyone else," I said to the new teacher. "No, you will go with Mr. Potter." I just took a deep breath and walked over to him.