Chapter Nine - Someone Old, Someone New. (Violet Choice) {Part 6}

Start from the beginning

"Hand it over." He ordered. Aj looked at us for confirmation. I looked at Clem who was glaring at Louis.

"Is this necessary?" Violet asked.

"Hell yeah it's necessary. I'm not walking into the woods with him holding that thing. We already know he knows how to use it-"

"It's yours Aj. You should keep it." Clem cut Louis off. Louis clenched his fist.

"But I killed Marlon with it.." Aj told us.

"Still.. you need it for outside Aj. Your safety is number one." I explained, Violet looked like she agreed with me, and the weird feeling in my stomach returned. Aj slowly put the gun in his back pocket. Louis shook his head.

"Fine. Let the kid keep the murder weapon." He backed away. Me and Clem nodded at each other and grabbed our stuff. I looked at the dresser and slipped Mitch's knife into the knife holster that was on my thigh. I swung my bag and machete onto my back, and Clem grabbed her bag and hat. I looked at the decorated room and frowned. I looked at Aj's drawing on the wall, Clem noticed and placed her hand on my shoulder and I nodded at her, telling her I was ready. We walked to the door and gave the room one last look before walking out, with Louis and Violet following us.

The sound of crows reached my ears, and I breathed in the fresh air. Before I left, Ruby changed my bandages and cleaned my wounds to make sure I would be fine before leaving. I looked at the sunset as I walked next to Aj. He was in the middle and me and Clem were walking on each side of him. I looked over at Clem who had a angry look on her face. I looked behind us at Violet and Louis. Violet was carrying Marlon's bow, and Louis was holding Chairles. Violet looked pissed. She and I made eye contact and we frowned at each other, I quickly turned around. We continued to walk down the path with them behind us, nobody was talking and it was dead silent. The only sounds were our footsteps and the birds.

"Will we get another car?" Aj asked suddenly. Clem shook her head.

"Probably not. We got lucky before." Clem spoke. Aj groaned.

"So were walking..." he whined. I frowned. I was kinda upset about it too. Walking is difficult, especially if your walking all day.

"My shoes are gonna break." Aj told.

"Well.. we'll just have to hope they hold out." Clem replied.

"My feet are gonna bleed again..." Aj added, I looked at him.

"Well, we can use something like a T-shirt or towel to tie your feet with. Or I'll carry you on my back." I smiled at him, He looked at me.

"But you'll get really tired (Y/N).." he frowned, I gave him a quick pat.

"It's worth it, if it helps you Aj." I told, he nodded at me.

"It's not so bad." Louis spoke suddenly. Clem and I turned to him with glared on our faces. Louis frowned a bit.

"I mean, you've done this before... probably pretty good at it by now. Almost like going home for you guys." He added. I rolled my eyes and looked away, I wasn't really in the mood.

"You've lived inside walls your whole life. You have no fucking idea what it's like out there." Clem snapped at him, then looked away. I frowned and realized what we were going into again. Though, this made Louis quiet. We continued to walk until the footsteps behind us stopped. Signalling that this was the end of the line.

"We're here. Roads that way." Violet announced, we stopped and turned to Violet and Louis.

"Anything you want to say before we go?" She asked. Louis looked at Clem and Aj, then at me. He shook his head.