George Weasley x Reader: Touch part 3

It was a week from the ball and you were kinda freaking out, you didn't have a date. Of course people had asked you, but you were kind of holding out. Fred had told you that George was planning on asking you.

At the moment you and Fred were walking a bit behind George. "Fred I have turned down countless invitations for this. He hasn't even asked me. Or acted at all as though he had the means to do so." You whispered.

Fred sighed, "I'll ask him tonight?" You asked.

"You shook your head. You've said that every night for the past week. I'm done waiting, he's clearly not interested."

The Fred did something you never would've guessed. He very loudly said, "Dearest Y/n, would you attend the balk with me?"

George stopped in his tracks. "Um...yeah. Yes, sure." You laughed. And skipped away to go to the bathroom.

You ran out of the lavatory so fast you ran right into Angelina. "Sorry!" You both mumbled.

"You look happy Y/n, what is it?" She asked.

"Nothing gets past you Ange, I got a date to the ball today!" You squealed, heading out to the Great Hall with her.

"Really? What chance, I did too!"

"Ooh, who's your date?" You asked excitedly, opening the door to the room.

"George Weasley. Who's yours?"

You felt your mood plummet, so he wanted to ask Ange. Of course he did. You knew Fred liked her, but him? You composed yourself and regained your grin, "Fred. Haha, what a coincidence. I just remembered I have somewhere to be so bye!" And you ran out.
~~~~~

You were running so fast you didn't know where you were going until you'd made your way up into a tree, far off from the castle. You'd gone to this tree quite often in your first 3 years at Hogwarts although not so much recently.

You used to make your way to the tree everytime you were upset or alone. You hadn't been there in at least a year. You sat on a branch and swung your legs, pulling out the bird pin from your pocket and turning it in your hands, surprised to see different colors. There was still a red one and an orange one but instead of yellow and pink, two of them had changed to green. You ran your thumb over the green, wondering when it had changed and most importantly...why?
~~~~~

It was the day of then ball and you were getting ready with Katie in the girls bathroom. You hadn't had the nerve to say a word to Angelina since your run in for fear that you'd explode at her for no reason.

Dress below;