Chapter Eighteen-"It's the best of both worlds to quote Hannah Montana"

Start from the beginning

“Jules this is crazy,” I breathed out.

“But admit it, you’re kind of liking the idea,” she retorted with a smirk.

I groaned, “I hate it when you’re right.”

Giggling, Juliet flicked over her red hair and walked over to Chris with a quick wink to me. I watched Juliet’s smile instantly go flirty as she batted her eyelashes up at Chris causing Sean to scrunch his nose in mock disgust before he turned and began making his way towards me. My breathing suddenly became irregular and I felt my mouth go dry. God, what is wrong with you Viv? It’s just Sean Gregory, you know the guy you’re tutoring Maths too? Juliet is totally wrong about you liking him because you already have a boyfriend. Dave, remember Dave? God, look at those hazel eyes, they’re so gold and warm and- What are you thinking? You’re into Dave, Dave Peterson the hot swimmer and who the hell are you kidding?

“Lanter,” Sean greeted with his trademark smirk, “what are you doing her all by yourself?”

I felt my cheeks going red before I stuttered unintelligently, “Oh y-you know, I-I thought that uh…” I glanced around the Eiffel Tower before my eyes came to rest on a ‘No Littering’ sign, “…I just wanted to read the signs on the Eiffel Tower.”

Sean raised an eyebrow before he followed my gaze to the ‘No Littering’ sign and then back at me with a full on grin plastered on his face as he spoke, “Seriously Lanter, that’s the best you could come up with?”

I scoffed indignantly as I answered, “I was under a lot of pressure okay and I don’t think well under pressure.”

Sean chuckled before leaning closer so that I could feel his breath against my skin. I fought away the shudder that wanted to run down my spine and forced myself to look straight up at Sean with a calm expression. My cheeks suddenly grew hotter when I let my eyes fall onto the nearness of Sean’s lips. Clearly my whole staying calm plan was failing badly. Biting my lip, I balled my hands into my fist and dug my nails into my palm. You are dating Dave Viv, remember Dave.

“I bet I can help you relax,” Sean replied, his voice sounding huskier than before.

I opened my mouth to answer him when I was cut off by Jessica’s girly voice interrupting.

“Hey Vivienne,” she called, “I need to ask you something in private?”

I turned my attention to Jessica and although we had been getting along since that night when she opened up to me, I was still uncertain about her motives. Glancing back at Sean who looked slightly annoyed at the interruption, I smiled apologetically and excused myself. I walked over to Jessica who was busy fiddling with her denim shorts while tapping her gladiator heel impatiently. With a supressed groan, I threw her an irritated look and raised an eyebrow.

“What?” I snapped.

Jessica rolled her eyes, “Jesus, it’s like I pulled you away from shagging him,” she retorted, “but I bet if I left you two any longer you would have.”

My cheeks heated slightly but I ignored my blush, “Jessica, I was not about to-”

She held up her hand silencing me, “Save the excuses,” she glanced at Dave before replying, “Just be glad that for once I’m being nice here and not the mean bitch you call me to Juliet.”

Again I opened my mouth to protest but Jessica cut me off, “I have ears all around school,” she replied smugly before continuing, “Just, look I know all about boys okay? And no matter how much Jules is your best friend, she doesn’t know a thing about the whole love triangle.”

“I am in no love triangle!” I finally managed.

Jessica gave me a ‘Are you serious right now’ look which made me look away in embarrassment before she spoke, “That’s what I thought.”