Izuna glanced at his brother, noticing how confused he was growing.

Madara admonished himself for growing so emotionally involved in such affairs. It would have been easier to make decisions for the sake of his clan if he had kept to himself from the very beginning. If Madara accepted the alliance, his brother would be upset temporarily, but Ayumi and many others would be safe, and the frameworks for a village could finally come to fruition. If he rejected an alliance, Izuna would be happy, but Ayumi would be upset, and so the cycle of war would just continue until one side follied. The choice was becoming too painfully obvious.

"Brother. Just do it already." Izuna looked away to the side sheepishly, frowning. Much to Madara's disappointment, Izuna would be displeased, but lives were going to be saved. Not that he in particular cared about that, but it would make her happy. Madara was uncomfortable that he was even considering someone else's feelings outside of his own family in such a matter.

"Go home and bide your time, Ayumi." Madara rested a hand on her upper arm. "I'll give you a signal when a meeting is set up so that our two clans can see to an alliance."
She took a glance at his firm grip and then met his eyes, which were swirling back to his dark ones. She smiled, agreeing. "Mm!"

-

It had not been more than a day until Ayumi received a letter from the Uchiha regarding the Senju alliance.

She chucked at how simple the letter was, characteristic of Madara's blunt personality. She was surprised this time though, he had greeted her by her family name.

Hyuga,
A meeting with the Senju has been arranged for tomorrow afternoon.

Also, Izuna's wounds are holding up well.
- Uchiha Madara

The pad of her thumb swiped over the contents of the letter, and she could not help but want to cry. It was finally coming true. A day where no one had to wake up in fear any more.

"So, it's settled?" Koniko watched the heiress eagerly. She too had been in support of an alliance.
"Yeah." Ayumi nodded, "Koniko, could you arrange a clan meeting? I need to let the Hyuga know."
"Of course." Koniko pat her shoulder.

-

*AYUMI'S POV*

It was approaching evening now, and I stood in the Hyuga clan's headquarters where most of our clan mates would meet to debrief.

I could not lie to myself any longer, I was incredibly tense

I could not lie to myself any longer, I was incredibly tense. I had only arranged a couple of these before in the past, but this was different. A beginning of a new era. I was not sure how the Hyuga would respond.
My father aptly noticed the tension in my shoulders, and ruffled my hair.
"Do not fret, daughter. You are the leader to the Hyuga."
"Chichi." I grinned childishly at this doting-ness.

Soon enough, members of the clan who were responsible for fighting filled up the room, sitting in a disarrayed manner while chatting amongst themselves. I took it as a signal to start,planting my staff firmly on the wooden floor. It was enough to get their attention.

"Everybody. I am sorry to pull you away from your families this evening, but something promising is finally in the works."

Some of their eyes visibly perked up with excitedness.

"... The Hyuga clan is going to ally with the Senju, and participate in building a village for various clans to co-exist in harmony."

That exitenedess that lit their faces earlier was surely gone. Some were tight-lipped, I noted, and others looked disappointed.

"They killed my parents!" One angry Hyuga shouted, and the rebellion began while other Hyuga also angrily agreed in scattered chatter.

"Enough!" I struck my staff firmly one more time. They were quiet now. "I understand that this alliance will re-open closed wounds. Have you all forgotten! I lost my own sister to them." I raised my hands, hoping they would understand my train of thought. "This alliance will stop these casualties from happening. There is no reason men and women alike should continue to be dying so young. I will make it clear to you all: the Hyuga clan comes first in my priorities, and I see this as most befitting to keep us all alive and healthy into the far future."

I noticed how majority of the Hyuga seemed laxed now.

"Do not forget that our destiny as Hyuga come first: to protect the byakugan's secrets." I spoke more firmly now, earning a stare of approval from my father. "Forming an alliance will decrease the number of deaths, thereby reducing the chance our powers will be stolen by other clans."

The Hyuga members seemed to readily agree with this point, all nodding their heads, agreeing in unison.

"If you should have any more questions, drop by my office. Otherwise, you may all be dismissed."

All of the Hyuga shuffled out to the exit, the sounds of their weapons clunking onto each other filled the room as they moved. I wondered how soon I'd no longer have to hear those sounds.