Ch.11 Deadly Streets

Kunikida then slams his fist on the wall.

A secret wall, filled with weapons, drops down from the ceiling

A secret wall, filled with weapons, drops down from the ceiling. My eyes lit up as Atsushi looked confused.

"What the...?"

"Is it Christmas already?!"

"We are an armed detective agency."

Having said that, Kunikida grabs a gun and loads it.

"Take this." he says as he throws it over to my brother.

Atsushi nervously catches it.

"I don't need one." Kyouka says as she shows off her knife.

"Okay. How's your ammunition?" Kunikida faces me.

"Good. But, I will take these."

I take two grenades.

"Is that all?"

"Yes."

"Okay then. His special ability won't let him make any weapons larger then the size of the notebook. Escape out the back door while I draw him in."

While saying this, Kunikida takes a shotgun and faces the three of  us.

"Now!"

And with that, the three of us escape to the car outside. As I drive away, the agency explodes once more. Atsushi watched from the back window.

"Kunikida-san!"

"Calm down, Atsushi." I ordered him.

Atsushi looks at me with worry.

"Kunikida-san's okay, right?"

"He'll be fine. Our priority right now is to eliminate Shibusawa Tatsuhiko."

"...I wonder what he's like. You say "eliminate", but there's no need to kill anyone, no matter how bad they are. We just need to capture him."

"...You weren't raised by the Mafia, Atsushi. You and I think differently."

"Still, I'm sure Dazai-san will help us once we get him out. Yeah. We can manage if we can save him. He'll know what to do."

"..."

I can't believe that was his plan. To be captured by the enemy. I can't say I didn't see that coming, but that's not it. I don't think he was captured... Dazai would never betray us...right? There's always times I can't completely read him. I hope this isn't one of those times.

"...What am I going to do if I never get my ability back?"

"I'm going to be happy."

"Shiori?"

"I never liked my ability. It can only be used to kill, not save."

I hate my ability...both of my abilities.