Ch.12 Queen Of The Damned

"Master? Who did you once belong to?" Akutagawa questioned the woman.

"Like I said before, I'm not answering anyone else besides the one who truly deserves it. Besides, what's the point? My master despises me with all their being. They barely call upon me back when I was trapped with them. I didn't do anything wrong and yet, I was still a burden to them... I loathe my master with all of my being."

The tiger growls as it gets ready to pounce at us. The woman smiles at the overgrown kitty cat.

"Now, now, you shouldn't be too hasty. You'll have your chance soon. But for now, please wait until I give the order."

The tiger complies and backs down. Atsushi looked at the tiger a bit surprised.

"He listened to her..."

"They're all listening to her." Kyouka adds as she looks around.

The other abilities seemed to be waiting for that woman's command.

"What's so surprising about that? Oh right, you don't know who I am. I guess I'll introduce myself. That way, you will understand. I am known as Queen of the Damned. I am the queen of all abilities around the world. Every single one of them listen to me."

Akutagawa lightly glares at her.

"Is that so?"

"Listen to me guys."

All eyes fall on me.

"If what she says is true, we're in serious sh*t right now. You guys go ahead, I'm going to keep these guys busy."

"What?! I'm not going to-"

"Don't worry about me, Atsushi." I kindly smile at him. "These enemies can't easily kill me. Besides, if they do..."

I turn towards the vampire-looking queen. A smirk made its way onto my face.

"I won't leave this world alone."

She glares at me after hearing that.

"You? Kill me? I like to see you try, girl. Rashoumon."

Rashoumon lunges at us. But as he does, the tiger couldn't let him be the first to strike. The tiger pounces and attacks Rashoumon. They fall to the ground with the tiger pinning the other down. Rashoumon tries to kick back, but the tiger jumps off. The two have a stand off once Rashoumon is on his feet.

Akutagawa smirks as he watches them.

"Amusing. Let's see who comes out on top."

"Now isn't the time for that!" Atsushi replies.

"Demon Snow~."

Demon Snow suddenly charges at Kyouka. Once again, her katana clashes with Kyouka's knife as she fends her off. I take my knife and slash at the ability. Demon Snow dodges my attack, to only turn her blade against me now. Kyouka tries to help.

"Stay back!"

She was a bit shocked from my sudden out burst.

"Listen you three! There's a secret passage nearby for the Mafia brass. Go. I'll handle things here."

"...Let's go."

Having said that, Akutagawa turns and leaves. Kyouka quickly follows him.

"Hey you two!" Atsushi calls for.

"Go!"

He looks at me. I was dodging Demon Snow's attacks.

"I'll be there soon, okay? I just have to finish things here."

"..."

"I'll be okay, Atsushi." I smile at him. "There's a reason the Port Mafia called me Dazai-san's copy after all. So go, now."

With uncertainty in his eyes, he turns away.

"All right."

He follows the others down the street.

"Good. Now they won't have to see how evil I can truly be."

I take my knife and cut Demon Snow's katana right in half. The Queen seemed to be surprised that a normal hunting knife could do that. I take the broken blade and stab Demon Snow right through her stomach. Weak, she floats back a bit and fall to her knees.

"Pathetic. You fight much better when Kyouka is controlling you."

I walk up to her and pull the blade out. With one fowl swoop, I cut her head clean off. I watch it roll onto the ground before facing Queen.

"You look surprised. Allow me to explain. This knife is the one I used to kill my parents and my brother. It's special. Don't ask me how, it just is. I always carry it with me. Anywho, I figured since objects can't really hurt you guys, I would just have to use your own weapons against you."

"Well, aren't you smart, Master. But not smart enough." She snaps her fingers. "A Long Way Gone."

 The yellow light around her turns green. At the same time, Demon Snow disappears and reappears before me. She looked untouched.

"Sh*t."

While cursing under my breath and I ready my knife again. Queen simply smirks at me.

"Did you forget how many abilities I have at my disposal? You know as long as I use this ability, you could never truly kill my kind."

"Yeah I know. A Long Way Gone is the ability to bring the dead back to life. However, it has a condition when using it. That ability belong to one of my old friends in the B.S."

"There's no way around it."

"Not true..."

I pull the pin of one of the grenades I hid on my person.

"If I kill the host, that gift will be lost forever."

I chuck the deadly weapon at Queen and Darkness Within. It goes off once it's near them, destroying the building they're standing on in the process. The abilities rush to their aid as I look around. I spot a motorcycle and quickly get on. Once hot-wired, I take off towards Yokohama's port.

~~~~Queen's P.O.V.~~~~

As the grenade goes off, Darkness Within quickly shielded me from the blast. Unaffected by it, the other abilities quickly bring us to the safe part of the streets. As the building fell behind us, we watched as Shiori made her escape.

"Well played, Master."

Once the building was totaled, everything went quiet. Darkness Within lets out a low growl as he watches the girl disappear into the night.

"It's okay, my dear. We will kill her soon enough." I turn towards the other abilities. "I know you want to kill your masters as well. Go ahead. But if you feel like they're about to defeat you, quickly return to me. I'll heal your wounds."

The others nod and disappear down the street. I turn to my minion.

"She's heading for the port. Let's go spill her blood."

Darkness Within lets out an ear-piercing shriek.

"Behave now. The Stars My Destination."

I snap my fingers and light blue rings appear around the two us. A second later, we disappear alongside the light.