Chapter 9: The Party (Part One)

I opened the front door and walked in shutting the door behind me. As I turned around I jumped back seeing Charlie standing in the doorway. "Y/N, your teacher's here," Charlie speaks, pointing to the kitchen. I tilt my head and give him questioning eyes as I round the corner. There Ms. Kendrick stands up quickly as we lock eyes. "She informed me that you skipped school after a disagreement between you two. That you snuck off with some boy."

"Do I not get any freedom?" I asked, looking to Charlie's brown eyes not able to look at Ms. Kendrick's blue ones. Charlie stands up crossing his arms over his chest.

"You know how I feel about you skipping school, Y/N," Charlie starts. I roll my eyes beginning to walk away. "Y/N Baker get your ass back here. I'm talking to you!" His voice raised and I stopped, with my back facing them. "This isn't like you kid. It's that boy and I'm getting concerned."

"Concerned? Charlie I'm growing up! You and Griffin both told me to have fun senior year," I shouted. My eyes darted over to Ms. Kendrick who looked uncomfortable and out of place.

"Yes we told you to have fun, but skipping school and the attitude is not you, Y/N." Charlie steps aside pointing back to Ms. Kendrick. "She informed me that she thinks going to that party tonight isn't safe. I don't want you going."

"Are you serious?" I throw my hands into the air, shaking my head. "It's just a party Charlie! Nothing's going to happen!

"Y/N, please. You need to listen to Charlie," Ms. Kendrick spoke up. My eyes darted to the teacher shaking my head at her. I bit my lip and ran down to my bedroom hearing both Charlie and Ms. Kendrick shouting after me. I entered my room and closed the door, making sure to lock it quickly, hearing rapid pounding on it moments later.

"Y/N, open the door!" Charlie shouts, more knocks heard. I shake my head taking off my backpack and tossing it to my bed. I take my phone out and pull up Hailee's number.

Y/N {4:50 p.m} Hey Hailee, can you send the address for the party my way?

Hailee {4:51 p.m} Of course babe! 356 Willow Lane

Hailee {4: 52 p.m} Need a ride? :)

Y/N {4:54 p.m} Thanks for the address and no thanks. Are you there now?

Hailee {4:56 p.m} Yeah, helping Brent set up. Y?

Y/N {4:57 p.m} I'll be there soon.

I go to my desk and plug in my phone to let it charge. A soft knock appears at the door followed by a soft voice. "Y/N, let me in," Ms. Kendrick's voice spoke, gently. I bit my lip and walked towards the door, resting my hand on the knob. "Y/N please. Charlie's in the living room on the phone with a client."

"Whatever you need to say you can say like this," I spoke back, leaning up against the door, keeping my hand resting on the knob. A moment of silence occurred till I heard the teacher cough, clearing her throat.

"Something's going to happen at that party Y/N, just like it did at the last one," Ms. Kendrick said. My eyes widened and I pushed myself up more against the wall. "Open the door Y/N." I bite my lip and shake my head.

"Tell me what happened at Hailee's party first," I said, looking up at the ceiling. A sigh is heard from the other side of the door.

"You saved a girl from being raped." I backed away from the door, my hand dropping from the knob. My legs flew to my phone, unplugging it and running towards the window. I unlocked it and lifted it up, hearing rapid pounding on my door once again. My uncle had returned, but I didn't look back as I climbed out and headed for Brent's house.