Chapter 3: First Day of Senior Year (Part Two)

(A/N: The provided picture is of Lucas James)

The bell finally rang during second bell and it was time to head to third. English 4 with Ms. Kendrick. Never heard of her, she must be a new teacher. I know Mrs. Campbell and Mr. Morgan. But Ms. Kendrick she must be new this year. I always like having fresh new teachers. They're great, unless they're the mean newbies. Then I don't care as much.

I walk down the 400 hall and look to see Brent enter the room I'm heading too. I tilt my head mentally as I walk a little bit slower. When I finally make it I see Brent, Dale, Hailee and there possy all towards the front talking amongst themselves. I keep my head low as I make my way up the stairs and towards the back row into the corner. I slip my bag off and place it beside me, close to where I can feel it on my leg. My eyes come back up just as the bell rings. Students pile in hurriedly and a few moments later the door slams shut with a tiny brunette walking in with a clipboard and a stack of papers.

"Good morning everyone!" She speaks cheerfully. I lean forward on my desk resting my arms onto the desk. "My name is Ms. Kendrick and I will be your English 4 teacher this year." Her eyes darted around the room, landing on each student when she finally lands on my own. Her eyes were very blue and I swear I've seen them before. But I shrug the thought looking down a moment then glancing back up to see her still staring at me.

"Can we talk now or are you still going to talk?" One of the football players asked, earning a couple snickers from the class. Ms. Kendrick's eyes dart off of me and I untense and look to where she had.

"What's your name sir?" Ms. Kendrick asks setting the stack of papers onto her desk.

"Lucas," the raven haired boy responds back.

"What position do you play in football?" Ms. Kendrick stands in front of his desk now. Everyone's eyes on the teacher and the boy.

"Wide receiver mam, along with my buddy Dale here," Lucas says playfully punching Dale's arm. Ms. Kendrick nods her head looking back and forth between Lucas and Dale.

"I see," Ms. Kendrick pauses. "Why don't you hand out the papers to everyone then, Lucas." Ms. Kendrick walks back to her desk and holds out the papers. Lucas nods and stands earning chuckles from the football team. He grabs the papers and begins to give everyone one. "As I was saying,I will be your english 4 teacher. This is a heavy course of reading and writing. Mostly writing because it's more fun."

"Wait is this homework?" Some girl asked from the middle row. Ms. Kendrick's attention turned to her.

"Class work-" Ms. Kendrick pauses her eyes scanning the room. "If you don't finish it'll be due the moment you walk in class tomorrow. But if you finish today you can turn it in at the basket." Her arm extends to the golden basket on her desk. Everyone sighs and I look up at Lucas.

"There ya go, Y/N," Lucas said with a smile. I give him a small smile and thank him taking the paper from him. "Anytime babydoll." I bite my lip when he turns feeling red come to my cheeks. What is going on? Do they have me confused for someone else?

"Lucas, more paper passing, less flirting," Ms. Kendrick's voice echoed throughout the class. Several snickers were heard throughout the room as I sunk into my seat reaching down to my backpack to grab a pen. I advert my eyes to the paper and write my name at the top. "As you're working you can move around or go sit with your friends if you haven't already." I heard the teacher speak as I kept my gaze down feeling eyes on me once again.

Moments pass as I work through the questions. I hear feet running up the stairs and a presence sits down in the seat beside me. "Hey Y/N," a girl's voice speaks. I pick my head up and lock eyes with brown ones. I give the girl a small smile. "Loved having you at my party last week." She scoots closer placing her hand on mine. I look down at my hand and her's and pull away slightly.