Chapter 5: An Unexpected Guest

(A/N: Provided picture is of your cousin, Griffin Miles).

"Griffin, Charlie?" I shout through the house walking in and closing the door. "Guys?" I wait a moment and hear nothing. I let a sigh escape my lips and head down the hall to my bedroom. I take my bookbag off and set it on my bed. Then pull out my phone to see a message from Charlie.

Charlie {1:25 p.m} Griffin will be home in an hour. I was going to be home but will be back by 4:30.

Y/N {1:26 p.m} Okay. Love ya, see you then!

I put my phone in my back pocket and fall down onto my bed, staring up at the ceiling. I felt my stomach twist and close my eyes a moment. I wait a moment before scooting up and getting into my drawer to grab advil. When I take out the bottle I feel I'm low on supply. Of course I am, I think inside my head screwing off the lid. I take out two and pop them in my mouth grabbing the bottle of water on my nightstand, take a drink. I place the bottle back down and lay down, my head on my pillow to just take a moment to myself.

For a bit I lay and watch tv or scroll through social media. Until there was a tap on my window. I jump and look to find someone with their hoodie up, rain pouring down. I bite my lip waiting a moment hearing another tap and the person come into view. I tilt my head seeing Dale's blue eyes. I roll over on my bed and get off unlocking the window and opening it up. Dale jumps to help and pulls himself in. I shut the window and turn to look at him. He places off his hoodie and stuffs his hands into his leatherman jacket.

"What are you doing here Dale?" I ask, as we lock eyes. Dale doesn't speak as he takes a seat on my desk chair. I follow and take a seat on my bed grabbing a pillow to cuddle.

"I wanted to make sure you were okay." Dale finally spoke, looking at me. "That teacher sort of cut us off." I nod understanding.

"Thanks but you could've texted or called," I paused looking over at the window a second. "Or even used the front door." A chuckle escapes his lips causing my head to snap to him, seeing a smile formed across his face.

"Yeah, I could've but where's the fun in that?" A small chuckle escapes me remembering back on our childhood days in elementary and middle school. "I mean I used that window all the time back in the day. No matter what the weather."

"That's true. No matter if you were sick or if I was sick," I chuckled. "Remember when my uncle finally caught you?"

"Oh god, he was pissed!" Dale chuckles leaning back into the desk chair. "He chased my ass out of here so fast with that broomstick. I jumped out the window with it still down. Sorry about that by the way."

"No worries. I mean it's fixed," I said, pointing to it, with a smile on my face. Dale chuckles nodding, then looked down to the ground at his black nike shoes. "Dale, what's the real reason you're here?" Silence fell between the two of us as he slowly picks up his head.

"Just to make sure you were okay," Dale responds, a hesitation in his response. "I know our relationship, friendship has been off. But I want you to know that I'll always be there for you. Through anything." I sit up straight and nod. He stands, taking his hands out of his pockets. He reaches into his front left jean pocket. There the blond hair boyed walks towards me, reaching his hand out. I lift my right hand as he places one hand underneath mine and the other hand placing something on the top of my hand. We lock eyes and he gives me a small smile.

"Y/N!" Griffin's voice shouts. I jump at his voice and no longer feel Dale's hands. I glance my head to the window just in time to see Dale put up his hood and jump out. I stand and run to the window, but stop when I feel something in my hand. I look down and see a locket. My eyes tear up seeing the golden colored locket. My hands tremble as I carefully open it seeing a picture of me and Dale. His arm around my shoulders as we look off into the distance. "Y/N, you alright?" I close the locket and close my hand turning to lock with Griffin's green eyes.

"I'm fine, how was college?" I ask, wiping my eye and heading towards my desk.

"It was good," Griffin pauses. I open my drawer and place the locket in there. "How was your first day of Senior year?" I nod my head and close the drawer. "It was good?"

"It was...interesting," I tell him. "Weird to say the least. The football players were talking to me." I look back at Griffin seeing his head tilted.

"Bad things?" Griffin questioned, clenching his jaw. I shake my head no and give him a small smile. "So the football players were talking to you like you were one of them so to speak?" I nodded my head once again and chuckle. "Hm, I guess going to that party really helped you out then."

"I guess you could say that," I chuckled nervously. My head spinning just thinking about it. "But anyways, Charlie's not going to be back for a while." Griffin nodded pulling out his phone.

"I know..."His voice trails off as he types away. "You wanna order in and watch a movie?" A smile spreads against my face and I nod my head up and down. "Pizza? And then what about the new spiderman movie?"

"Sounds good." He nods walking out as I follow turning off my lights. He gets on the phone and I take a seat on the couch grabbing my favorite black fuzzy blanket grabbing the fire stick and typing in the movie title, getting it all set up. Griffin walks in with bowls, plates, cups, chips and a 2 liter of code red mountain dew and a 2 liter of Y/F/S (your favorite soda). He sets everything up and looks around. "Ooh candles!'

"Candles? We never do candles," I laugh watching him run off to somewhere. In the meantime the doorbell rings. I get up and grab the twenty dollar bill heading towards the door. I open the door finding the pizza guy. "Hi, thank you." I hand the guy the 20 dollars taking the pizza in exchange. He gives me a smile and walks away, just as I shut the door and locked it. I take the pizzas and set them on the table in the middle. "Griffin, pizzas- Oh."

"Okay, candles set. Pizza and food ready. Movie ready," Griffin whispers to himself causing me to chuckle. "Alright come on dork let's get started." And with that we both take a seat and start the movie, digging into the food.