Kristie

The 3 weeks that Kristie had refused to speak to Rachel about anything other than football was incredibly agonising, even though it was her choice in the first place.

Kristie was now 100% sure she was in love with that annoying English forward. And she was 100% sure that Rachel was punishing her for leaving, which is why they weren't together.

Kristie wasn't angry, no. She was furious. She could literally spit fire anytime she saw Kacey (her now ex bestfriend) drop Rachel off at training. Kristie thought that things were going great between her and Rachel up until the point Rachel decided it'd be a clever idea to jump her best friends bones.

"You're going to have to talk to her at some point, Kris." Sarah was beginning to sound like a broken record.

"I'll do it when I'm ready. I might just end up slapping her again."

"Why? You told us you didn't like her like that."

"I didn't. But now I changed my mind. I love Rachel Daly and I don't care who knows it."

"I'm sorry what did you just say?"

Kristie jumped up from her seat, turning round to see Rachel standing in front of her.

"I— Nothing. It doesn't even matter." Kristie took the coffee that Rachel was holding and walked out of the room and into the kitchen, soon followed by Rachel who shut the door behind her and sat down at the table.

"When I'm single you don't want to be with me but then as soon as I get a girlfriend you announce to the whole fucking world that you love me...what's your fucking angle here?"

Kristie sighed, unsure of what to say because Rachel made her incredibly nauseous and she always seemed to get butterflies in her stomach when she was around her.

"And you say," Rachel said quietly, leaning forward so that their foreheads were practically touching, "that I'm jealous? I think you're the one that's jealous, K. But to be fair to you, I'd rather raw dog a beehive than sleep with you ever again."

"God, that's low. Even for you." Kristie got up and walked out, slamming the door behind her.

"Hey Mewis," Rachel shouted after her, "You owe me a song at Karaoke tonight!"

Kristie rolled her eyes and sat down on the sofa, waiting for Rachel to leave so she could return to the kitchen and drink the rest of her coffee in peace.

The team had organised a karaoke night which was taking place at Rachel's house, much to Kristie's annoyance. Although, she had been reassured that Kacey would definitely not be there so Kristie thought that in itself was a bonus.

They walked to Rachel's, soon realising that they were practically the last ones to show up.

She didn't actually give a specific time that she wanted them there, but Kristie knew that Rachel knew that she was always going to turn up fashionably late and she wasn't going to change that for anyone.

"You owe me a song, K. Don't let me down." Rachel smirked at her, grabbing her hand and pulling her into the living room.

"Me and Mewis are gonna sing a song."

"We are?"

"That's what I just said isn't it, dipshit."

Kristie rolled her eyes, taking the microphone that Rachel had handed to her.

Enough by Alex Row started to play and Kristie cursed under her breath.

Kristie watched closely, raising an eyebrow when Rachel started to sing;

Sitting in the dark, all night fighting shadows
And the urge to call you up hits me like an arrow
It ain't the whiskey talking or the loneliness I'm feeling
It's the memories all the little things that keep me from healing
I'd give up all the days I got left on this earth
Because without you I don't know what they're worth, no

Kristie literally couldn't breath. This was the song they'd danced to together last summer. Kristie eased a bit when Rachel took her hand and squeezed it gently.

Kristie blushed, smiling stupidly as she continued the song;

I'd give it all for you if you let me
This heart don't have a home without you in it, no
I'd stand before you, as a man who's been broken
Truer words never spoken
Is that enough
Is that enough, for your love
The flame I keep inside burns through rainy nights
Even though I tried to put it out so many times
Good books on the table so I can get some advice
I can't rest my heavy head, 'cause I'm still lost in your eyes
I'd give up all the days I got left on this earth
Because without you I don't know what they're worth

Kristie felt her chest go all tight and she quickly took her hand away from Rachel's, putting the microphone down and turning round to stop the music.

"Well, couples who sing together, stay together." A familiar voice that Kristie had heard only a few hours earlier surrounded the room and Kristie turned back again, eyes wide.

"SAAAAAMMMMYYYYYYYY!!!" Kristie ran over  to her sister, tears streaming down her face but she wasn't sure if that was because of the way Rachel was looking at her, or if she was just so overwhelmed at the fact Sam was actually stood in front of her.

"Hey, Kris!" Sam said, embracing her big sister in a hug.

"What the hell are you doing here?"

"Rachel said you were feeling a bit down and could do with a pick me up...So I'm here."

Kristie turned away from her sister and walked over to Rachel, "You did this for me?"

Rachel nodded, "As the song said...This heart don't have a home without you in it."

Kristie smiled again, probably more than she was smiling before and pulled Rachel towards her, gently leaning in to kiss her.

"I thought she had a girlfriend! Ya home wrecker!" Sam exclaimed, but she was too busy laughing with everyone else to even care about what was taking place in front of them.

For once in her life, Kristie Mewis felt loved and accepted. And she was sure that nobody could love her as much as Rachel does.