{get the picture?}

Start from the beginning

Avia laughed along with her sister as she made herself comfortable next to her twin.

Jai was sleeping peacefully until he heard that shrill scream that was his name. He groaned and sat up then his mind registered that Meredith wasn't beside him and that she may be in trouble. He hurriedly looked out of his tent only to see his fiancé standing over her air mattress and attempting to balance herself and thrashing wildly when all of a sudden, she fell backwards into the water with a loud splash.

"Oh man..." he muttered.

Glancing at his daughter's tent, he saw their amused faces before they noticed him and turned grave. At that moment, he could see Ariana; her scheming ways, her clever ruses and her wicked sense of humor. Meredith stormed over to him, dripping wet and angry. She kicked a coffee pot out of the way as Jai got out of the tent to face her.

Luke and Frankie were also watching in amusement from their own tent, not bothering to hide their laughter.

"What's going on?" Jai asked and Meredith's eyes popped madly.

"Here's what's going on... buddy! The day we get married is the day I ship those brats off to Switzerland. Get the picture? It's me or them. Take your pick," she snarled into his face. The moment she said those words, Jai had an instant epiphany as he glanced at his daughters: Ariana was better. Looking into Meredith's cold and angry eyes, it made his heart ache for Ariana's warm and loving ones - and he realized that he wanted to be with her, now more than ever.

"Them," he answered the fuming Meredith.

Avia's jaw dropped, stunned their plan actually worked. Well, half their plan. They had managed to get rid of Cruella, but still had not managed to get their parents back together. She looked at Emmi, who was smiling smugly. She tore her gaze off her twin and looked back to her father and now ex-fiancé.

"Excuse me?" Meredith snapped, not believing this at all.

"T-H-E-M - them," he leaned in with a smirk, "Get the picture?" he asked. Meredith, in her sheer frustration and anger only managed another shrill scream as she stomped her foot in aggravation and felt her face tense up and lock into another horrid look as the twins laughed and high-fived, much like their uncles in the next tent over.

JxA

Ariana was reading her favorite magazine when she heard a jeep beeping in the distance. Realizing it must be Jai, she hurriedly went out and sure enough, there was the jeep, her daughters, Luke and Frankie, and no Meredith.

"Hey, you're back so soon?" she called out, "Did you have fun?"

"Well, I wouldn't go right to...fun." Emmi answered her as she started to get her bag.

"You wouldn't?" Ariana asked curiously as she watched them unload the jeep.

"We've been punished to the end of the century." Avia answered.

"Starting now... Go." Jai said much to the shock of Ariana and she watched as a snickering Frankie and Luke walked up the steps and entered the house.

"Where's Meredith?" she asked although she had a feeling that she knew.

"We played a couple of harmless tricks on her and she kinda freaked out a little." Emmi explained nonchalantly as she came up the steps and stood by her mother who ran her fingers through her hair, making her smile up at her.

"A little?" Jai blurted and held up a ring at Ariana's face, "She threw this at my head. At least it's smaller than a hairdryer."

Ariana smirked, "Boy, your head does catch a lot of things. Especially with scorned women," she quipped and Jai gave her a sarcastic laugh.

"Oh Jai, this is all my fault, if I hadn't suggested that she go..." Ariana started, blushing.

"Or tricked. Tricked would be more like it. Like mother like daughters," he said with a smile, raising his eyebrows as he looked at his twins.

"I really am sorry." Ariana said with an innocent look and a pretty smile.

"We are too, Dad." Avia added and her sister nodded.

"Yeah, really." Emmi said sincerely.

"Up to your room...now." Jai said sternly and looked pointedly at his daughters who glumly went inside the house.

Ariana quickly patted both their rears on their way inside but then turned back to Jai at the sound of his voice.

"I gotta remember to thank them one day," he said when they were out of earshot. Ariana gave him a curious look then a smile.

"So where's Miley? I'm starving." Jai said and cockily leaned on the railing.

"Well, she and my brother went off for a picnic around noon... yesterday." Ariana explained imitating his position on the railing.

"And I thought she wasn't your help?" she asked.

"She isn't - you know I can't cook." Jai said with that cute boyish grin that made his eyes twinkle, "But what do you say? I'll whip us up something to eat." Even though they weren't together anymore, Jai couldn't help but think about how gorgeous she looked in the sunlight. How the sun reflected off her chestnut hair and how her brown eyes twinkled with excitement.

"I thought you said you can't cook?" Ariana asked pointedly with a smirk.

"Oh yeah, but I can do simple meals. Like pasta... and pasta... and uh..."

"Hmm... pasta sounds good."

"Pasta it is!"

Ariana giggled as she followed Jai into the kitchen.