{get the picture?}

Only three chapters left. 😳 please comment!

JxA

That night, Jai, Luke, Frankie and the twins were enjoying their dinner of trout around the campfire while Meredith looked at her plate in disgust. The only fish she ever ate were those that were filleted and this freshly caught slimy fished roasted on an open fire made her sick. She wrapped the provided blanket around her body tighter and clung to her phone.

"This'll hold us for a while." Jai said putting a few more sticks of wood into the bonfire.

"You sure you don't want some trout, Mom? Is that okay, by the way, if we start calling you Mom?" Emmi asked sweetly looking expectantly at Meredith who was busy rubbing insect repellent on her arms.

Frankie almost choked on his fish when he heard that.

"I think your mother would prefer if you called me Meredith and no thank you, I do not eat trout... for the thousandth time. I'll wait until breakfast. What are we having?" she asked with fake enthusiasm.

"Trout..." Jai, Emmi, Avia, Frankie and Luke answered much to the chagrin of Meredith.

"C'mon, its part of the experience." Frankie cajoled and Meredith beamed at him sarcastically as she slapped her leg.

"And what's the other part? Being eaten to death by mosquitoes?" she snapped, "God, you'd actually think they like this stuff!"

"What's that you're using?" Jai asked and put down his plate, "Let me see that." Meredith handed the bottle over to him and he sniffed it before putting some of it on his hand.

"Well you're sure to attract every mosquito on the mountain with this stuff. Its sugar and water." Jai explained with a playful smile as Emmi and Avia shared sly grins. Meredith glared at them and the twins hurriedly ate their trout and pretended that nothing happened.

"That's it! I'm taking one large sleeping pill and going to bed," she announced picking up two sticks before she stood up, as she went to the tent, she started whacking the sticks together and the sound reverberated in the silent night. Jai looked around with a raised eyebrow at her queer behavior. Luke pinched the bridge of his nose. He couldn't believe this was the woman his brother was marrying.

"Meredith... what're you doing?" he asked.

"I don't want the mountain lions to..." she stopped and turned around just as the twins and guys snorted, "There are no mountain lions up here, are there?" she asked standing to her full height, which didn't really say much, after realizing the joke's on her. Jai tried to hide his amusement as he shook his head smiling.

"No," he mouthed and Meredith put the sticks together in one hand and threw them to the side. Then she approached Jai who was now looking at her worriedly but she planted a luscious kiss on his lips leaving him quite breathless. The twins rolled their eyes and tried not to gag. Frankie heatedly glared at the woman stealing his sisters love while Luke dropped his plate, disgusted, with a mumble of not being hungry anymore.

"Goodnight." Meredith said smugly and sauntered into the tent. After she left, Jai gave a warning look at his daughters who looked back at him innocently.

"Guys, I'm telling you, lay off. This isn't her thing, okay? I'm not marrying her because she's Annie Oakley," he said sternly.

"Who's Annie Oakley?" Avia asked confused.

"Just cool it." Jai said and went back to his trout.

Later that evening, the moon shone brightly over the lake and no sounds where heard except for the distant hooting of the owls and the slight whisper of the wind as it rustles in the quiet. If you listen much harder, you'll hear a zipper softly being pulled down to reveal two girls both identical looking with impish grins on their beautiful faces. Emmi flinched as she unzipped the tent, not wanting to create any noise that would tip any animals or her father off. She looked around to see if the coast was clear and stepped out of their tent. She turned to her sister and signaled to her that the coast was indeed, clear. "C'mon, c'mon!" She whispered as she watched her twin carefully step out of the tent.