3. Prince

Hey, [Name].

..... remember?

Do you remember?

I'm sorry. You don't deserve this, do you?

Hopefully, you'll remember.

hah, just kidding.

Why would I ever let you
remember anyway?

Like this, you'll stay with me forever.

Sorry, [ name ] .

☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻

Prince had noticed the huge frown that was worn by the beautiful, [favorite color] haired inkling, causing him to mimic her action. She's been in the same state the entire morning; a worried, yet angry, feeling settling within Prince's heart.

Worried because she may remain like that the entire day, and angry because that would mean he wouldn't get any affection from her. Not like he ever got much, anyway.

Assuming she was troubled by something, he asked cautiously, "Is everything all right, [Name]? Do you need anything?"

She casted him a saddened gaze, hugging her knees close to her chest. "I'm.. fine."

Unconvinced by what she said, he sat next to her on the floor and copied the position she was in. "You know you can tell me anything, right?" he inquired, his voice laced with a demanding tone.

She flinched and looked away from him, her eyes off to the side to stare at the newly painted wall that was already chipped from her scratching it. There wasn't much to do here since he took away any items that appeared to be dangerous or a way to gain an escape.

"Yeah," she said. "I know."

"Then tell me."

She opened her mouth to speak, but quickly shut it in fear of what his reaction would be. He never liked it when she mentioned that.

"Tell me," he repeated. "Or do I need to force it out of you?"

She took deep breaths in an attempt to calm herself down. No matter what lie she told, he could always see right through her. The best option she could take was to tell him the truth. "I want to go outside."

The sound of him moving was enough for to shut her eyes tight, waiting for him to hurt her like he usually did. Whether it be verbally or physically, it always made her regret her choices.

"Why?" was all he asked.

She reopened her eyes and locked eyes with him, surprised that he hadn't lashed out on her when she mentioned something he hated.

Was he possibly in a good mood today? Can she finally explain and get through to him so he can release her? The sudden hope made her feel excitement for the first time in a while.

"I... I want to see if I can remember!" [Name] answered confidently. "If I go outside and see something familiar, it can possibly trigger something and I'll get my memories back!"

The expression he had is something she couldn't describe; it was possibly a mix of boredom and anger.

"A-And I want to... stop depending on you..." she whispered quietly. "I don't want to be a helpless princess anymore...."