12: carnations

"They're just flowers, Jungkook," Jimin deadpanned, taking another glance at his watch to evade Namjoon's glaring figure from outside the flower shop. "We're getting late" He added, to no avail as his best friend wandered further down the aisle in search of God knows what. 

By the register, Jungkook was greeted by an elderly French man, whose eyes twinkled as he set his novel down beside him. It was needless to say that he was relieved when the man spoke to him in English, recognizing that he was a tourist and saving Jungkook from struggling to recall the French he learned back in highschool.

"For a love?" The man smiled, almost knowingly, as Jungkook hesitated before replying.

"Someone special," He affirmed, a smile threatening to take over his features at the mere thought of the Thai model. Instead, Jungkook's eyes followed the shop owner's hands as they gestured to a variety of flowers.

"There's many to choose from. Roses, chryanthemums, camellias..." The man explained, pausing once noticing where his customer's gaze was drawn."...and carnations. Those ones mean admiration," He finished, presenting Jungkook with the bouquet as the latter smiled out of gratitude and handed his credit card. 

.

Of all the places he could be, Jungkook never thought he'd end up in Paris with his chaotic friends as company and yet, there was no place he'd rather be if it meant missing Lisa conquer the runway. 

It's been a week since he'd last seen Lisa, who flew out to France earlier to prepare for the long-awaited Paris Fashion Week as Celine's muse. Through their nightly FaceTime calls (well, still in the afternoon for Jungkook due to the vast time difference), he could sense her excitement through the screen as she bubbled over with details amid wide smiles.

Jungkook knew how much this meant to Lisa.

In the five months that he'd gotten to know her, her love for not only being in front of the camera but also behind it made his heart swell with adoration (and improved his Instagram feed with it). It seemed as if he learned something new about her everydayafter all, Lisa was always searching for new ways to challenge herself. 

Receiving an invitation from Hedi Slimane, himself, only fueled her to work harder. Jungkook still remembered when he'd dropped Lisa off at the airport, somehow managing to reach there early in spite of the LA traffic, even in late November.

"Don't miss me too much," She'd teased lightly as the pair checked in her luggage. 

At her words, Jungkook couldn't help but smile. "No promises," he'd replied and simply watched as she tucked her boarding pass in between the pages of her passport. Sensing it was his time to leave, Jungkook had ruffled her hair (finding amusement in messing up her bangs) before pulling her into a hug. 

"I'll see you soon," Lisa had smiled when they parted, gripping the handle of her carry-on, yet her eyes remained on him as if in deep thought. Jungook was about to ask if she was feeling alright when she leaned forward, suddenly, and pressed her lips against his in a quick kiss. "Soon," she had repeated, the twinkle in her eyes mesmerizing him as she turned to go through security. 

"We're here!" Chaeyoung announced excitedly, snapping Jungkook out of his thoughts, as the red-head struggled to wake up a sleeping-Jimin. Sighing at the sight, Jungkook was about to reach over and help, when they were interrupted by Jennie's gasp. 

"Seriously Tae?" The brunette cried in disbelief. "Kimchi? In my Valentino white bag?"

.

Needless to say, Jimin didn't have any more trouble waking up after that.

The tension between the pair remained painfully evident as Jungkook found himself seated behind them in the third row. He was close enough to see the runway but far enough to escape the excessive cameras, just as he preferred.

One by one, models began to make their way from backstageall wearing nonchalant expressions to match the confidence their stylish outfits exuded. Patterns with small embellishments seemed to be in trend and Jungkook reminded himself to browse their collection later.

His eyes travelled towards backstage after hearing a sudden surge in the shutters of cameras and once he found their muse, he couldn't bring himself to look away.

Unfazed by the media, Lisa strutted down the runway with confidence and easeshe's been doing this since she was 17, after all. Jungkook admired how the form-fitting, golden dress contrasted with her newly-dyed blonde hair. 

It was the same dress she'd worn for a photoshoot with Dazed Korea, although the pictures wouldn't release until the following month. Jungkook knew because he'd accompanied her on set that day but that didn't mean he was fascinated by her any less the second time.

 On the contrary, her presence demanded his attention.

Too bad for Jungkook, though, the show was only halfway-through and judging by the interviewers heading towards Lisa's green room, he'd be waiting for a while.

.

Jungkook quickly realized that a while was an understatement.

The show had commenced nearly an hour ago, but the media lingered for much longer. In their defense, the public wanted an insight into the glamorous model lifestyle although really, all that Jungkook wanted was a few rooms away.

Opting to wait in the corridor, Jungkook had closed his eyes, allowing Frank Ocean's voice to alieve the fatigue he'd been experiencing only to snap them open when he felt a tug on his coat sleeve.

"Hey there," Lisa waved, a small smile adorning her features as she offered to help him stand up. Jungkook's lips twisted into an amused smirk, glancing at her outstreched hand, before he slipped his hand into her's to pull himself up and in the midst took the chance to bring the model closer to his chest.

"You were amazing," He praised Lisa with sincerity, watching as a slight tinge of pink stained her cheeks at his words. They were true. In his eyes, her charm was unbounded and that exceeded past his own biases towards the blonde.

Reaching behind him, Jungkook grabbed the bouquet he'd bought earlier that morning (hoping that none of the flowers had wilted and much to his relief they hadn't) before presenting it to the woman in front of him. 

"For you," He finished, watching Lisa's face light up as she brought the flowers closer to her nose and let out a content smile as their scent invaded her senses. 

"Thank you," She beamed, burying her face in the crook of his neck, while Jungkook rested his chin on her shoulder. 

He'd missed this. 

He'd missed her.

Unbeknownst to Jungkook, judging by the way the light carnations grew darker in her hands and formed into a deep red, Lisa had felt the same way.

❂✴❁✴❂

author's note: i hope you're all doing well and taking care during this time. it's been a while but thank you for 1k votes :) im forever thankful and ur comments have really helped me overcome my writer's block. thank you again! i hope u like this chapter <3