Dangerous Accusations

Start from the beginning

I shook my head. "Not really. Although, I'm curious about your relationship with your brother. You guys seem really close."

He gave me one last long look before chuckling. "Yeah, we're inseparable. He's my role model..."

I raised my eyebrows at that. "Really?"

"It's not surprising when you take into account that I grew up looking up to him. He is my older brother after all, I learnt everything from him." 

He paused before carrying on. "I think I started to value and appreciate him more after...mum died." 

I stiffened a little, remembering that that was a touchy, sensitive topic. 

Noticing this, he angrily glared at me. "Uncomfortable all of a sudden, huh?"

I didn't miss the clear accusing tone that laced his voice. I took mental note of this, it supported my theory about something.

He looked away, his jaw hardening as his resentment grew. "He was right."

I caught that and immediately asked. "Who was?" 

"No one." 

His father? 

Luca?

Enzo? 

Maybe someone I didn't know?

My grip tightened on the steering wheel, getting frustrated at where this conversation was heading. 

"I mean, you've lashed out every time your mother became a topic. You can't blame me for suddenly being cautious and wary." I reminded him, sighing heavily. 

After contemplating about it, his anger lessened into nothing. He eventually scratched his head with a sigh, and closed his eyes. 

You damn, hot tempered, bi-polar idiot ass wolf. 

"I'm just...confused at the moment." 

My head snapped towards him. "Huh?" I blurted, confused by his sudden confession. 

He opened his eyes, looking up to the ceiling of the car. 

"Would you believe your own gut feeling, or trust someone else's?" He randomly questioned. 

Despite being confused, I still answered as I looked back to the road. "Obviously mine. What kind of question is that?" 

He turned to look at me, his intense gaze lingering on me. "But what if that person was more trustworthy than yourself?" 

What the hell? 

I glanced at him with curiosity, wanting to delve deeper into this. "What makes you any less trustworthy than that person?" 

Silence. 

Unfortunately, he didn't answer my question. I wasn't sure if it was because he didn't have a reply or that he didn't want to. Nonetheless, I didn't push or pry by asking more. 

"Mum?" I called out into our telepathic channel. 

There was a little delay before she responded with. "Yes?" 

"I want to ask you about something, do you have time?" 

"Yes, I have plenty of time actually. What is it?" 

I paused briefly before going for it. "Eight years ago, Lucio's mother had been killed. I remember it happening when she was leaving our pack to go back to Italy. How and where did she die, do you know any specifics?"