Glossary(Shadow World)

(These meanings are based on my interpretations of the words..Remember guys..this is fiction. So basically what the writer says, goes..)

Shadowhunters-

These are humans whose blood is enhanced with that of their creator Angel- Raziel. Their mandate is to keep the peace in the Shadow World and keep it hidden from the mundane(normal human) world while protecting the inhabitants of both worlds.

Despite their ancestry, Shadowhunters are mortal and therefore vulnerable to old age and death; however, their angelic blood endows them with special abilities that allow them to achieve feats beyond what's humanly possible through the application of angelic runes.

Runes-

Shadowhunters were given runes by the Angel Raziel. These runes are applied on the Shadowhunters' skin and gives different effects and abilities. (They are like tattoos) Each rune represents a different ability and can be activated with a small pen-like stele.

 (They are like tattoos) Each rune represents a different ability and can be activated with a small pen-like stele

Parabatai-

Parabatai-

Parabatai is the term for two Shadowhunters who fight alongside each other. These Shadowhunters are partners and are particularly close to each other.(They are brothers-in-arms).The runes drawn by one's parabatai are stronger than those drawn by someone else. Also, there are some runes that can only be used by parabatai for it draws on the parabatai's double strength.

Clave-

It is the council of representatives of the Shadowhunters responsible for establishing law & order (basically, the government).Shadowhunters become members of the Clave upon reaching adulthood at the age of eighteen, when they decide to declare their allegiance to the Clave. Members of the Clave all have rights to contribute to any Clave issue under discussion. They keep and interpret the Law and have the right to help decide on important matters that affect their community.

Idris-

Idris is the homeland of the Shadowhunters and is protected by the demon towers, forcing demons out and protecting the city.

Alicante and the Gard-

Alicante is the only city and the capital of Idris. The Gard, the meeting place for the Clave, sits atop a hill at the edge of the city. All around are residences of several Shadowhunter families and the Council.