Drabble-8 Walking The Path of Love

Khushi sat in the balcony of their hotel suite in Ooty. A mug of steaming hot coffee resting between her fingers. She looked at the beautiful silhouette of the mountain range directly in front of her. A sudden gush of chilly breeze caused her to shiver involuntarily.

"My cue?" Arnav entered the balcony with his own mug of coffee and settled next to Khushi pulling her into his arms.

Khushi smiled, snuggling into him. "May I?"

Arnav kissed her nose. "I'm all yours.

Khushi sighed. "I've never felt this way before."

"What way?" Arnav asked although he had a fair idea what was going on in his wife's brain.

"Like I'm the queen of this world." Khushi said softly.

Arnav smiled. "You are. You're the queen of my heart and my world." Arnav said pushing her hair behind her ears and kissing her forehead.

"Really?" Her eyes shone like stars in the night sky.

"I wish there were words that could tell you how much I love you." Arnav confessed with such intensity that Khushi found herself melting under his gaze. A tear escaped her eye.

Arnav kiss her eyes. "No."

Khushi hugged him tightly, burying her face in his chest. Arnav's arms found themselves being wrapped around her frame protectively. 

"I..

Arnav kissed her hair "You don't have to say it back.

Khushi sighed into his arms.

***

Arnav and Khushi had been married for three months. An arrangement none of them had really approved of Initially. Arranged Marriages weren't exactly in even then.

Khushi had just completed her masters in Fashion and Management when her parents received the proposal from one of the most renowned and well respected families of the city- The Raizadas. Anjali Jha was looking for a suitable bride for her 'Chotte' and had rejected a dozen girls when she found Khushi who (according to her) was the perfect match for Arnav Singh Raizada. 

Even though Khushi wasn't exactly sure if she wanted to get married when she was barely out of college, her parents didn't want to let go of such a good alliance. Khushi had never disrespected her parents’ choices and decided to give this a chance. 

As destiny would have it, Arnav and Khushi had tied the knot not long after their first meeting.

In the three months that had passed after their marriage. Khushi and Arnav had grown closer and closer with every passing day. Arnav was the best husband Khushi could ever ask for. He was her best friend, her partner and her strength in every sense of the word. 

Khushi and Arnav were both in love with each other, while Arnav was more vocal about his feelings, Khushi was still not able to comprehend her feelings. 

***

Arnav stood on the balcony, gazing at the stars. "Boo" Khushi exclaimed in a low husky whisper. 

"Hello to you too Mrs. Raizada." Arnav spoke not tearing his gaze away from the stars.

"I'm finally getting used to this.. addition in the name." Khushi whispered.

Arnav smiled. 

"Can I ask you something?" Khushi asked.

Arnav nodded.