Drabble-7 The Surprise

Dedicated to: ChandrikaThumalla

Happy birthday baby. We met just months ago but you've become so close to me. I love you with all my heart sweety.

May this birthday bring a lot of happiness, good luck and blessings to you love.

Enjoy your day

It was early evening, Payal was sitting with her parents and sister in the hall of their house. Khushi was munching on her all-time-favorite Jalebis.

"This is the second bowl in the last two hours. Are you planning on filling your stomach with Jalebis today?" Payal asked snatching the bowl of jalebis from her sister

"As if you're planning something special for me." Khushi narrowed her eyes at her sister.

Payal had a hard time trying to contain her smile.

"Aj phir se Arnav ne kucch kia?(Did Arnav do something again?)" Payal asked 

"It's not always his just fault, you know." Khushi said flatly.

Payal bit her lip.

"Are we getting protective?" She asked smirking.

Khushi shook her head, and went towards her room.

Payal turned to her parents with a mischievous smile.

"Stop troubling her." Shashi said.

Payal pouted. "I bet Arnav has already spoiled the surprise.

"Excuse Me?" Arnav entered the hall and bent to take Shashi and Garima's blessings before turning to Payal with a frown.

"I haven't spoiled anything." Arnav said matter of factly.

Payal looked at him surprised, "Why is she not mad at you then?

"Because unlike some of us here, I do have a brain and it works." Arnav teased.

Payal glared at him. "You told her why you might not be able to wish her on her birthday?"

Arnav smiled sweetly at her. "I'll go check on her. She must be getting ready by now. Akash is waiting outside. You and others leave. I'll come with Khushi."  

Payal nodded and hurried out of the room.

"Khush.. we're getting late. Arjun will kill us if we don't show up at his engagement on time." Arnav screamed walking into Khushi's room.

***

"You look beautiful Khushi." Arnav whispered in her ear, escorting her towards the garden area of their friends' farmhouse. 

"Thank you." Khushi replied disinterestedly.

Arnav bit back a chuckle on seeing a brooding Khushi. 

"Where are Arjun and Kanika?" Khushi asked impatiently.

"Patience kiddo." Arnav kissed her nose.

"Walk straight, or I'll smack you hard." Khushi threatened.

Arnav held her hands up in a surrendering position and walked ahead holding her by her waist. 

They reached the garden. It was decorated with fairy lights. HAPPY BIRTHDAY PRINCESS was written in bold letters.

"SURPRISE!!" The whole gang exclaimed in unison.