Drabble-2 A Beautiful Morning

Arnav stepped inside his room whilst wrapping his Conference Call up with the American Delegation.

"It would be a pleasure working with you Mr. Allende" Arnav said with a hint of a smile in his voice.

Arnav shook his head, looking at the time in his wristwatch.

10:30 AM, He walked up to his bed, gazing intently at his angel sleeping peacefully with her face buried in his pillow. The sight was one of his most cherished treasures the one he wouldn't trade for his life. He was not really an early riser but whenever he would wake up earlier than Khushi, He would spend quite some time gazing at his wife sleeping peacefully like an infant.

"Khushi" Arnav caressed her hair gently "Wake-Up"

Khushi snuggled into his pillow, as Arnav heard her mumbling incoherently.

Arnav couldn't help but smile. "She was too cute to be a grown-up." He mused. He snatched the pillow from her, Finally getting a clear view of his wife's angelic face which had by then contorted in a frown.

"Jaan you need to wake up" Arnav brushed his lips on her forehead.

"I'm tired" Khushi mumbled "Please"

Arnav sighed, "Khush-" Before Arnav could try one more time to wake her up, Khushi raised herself and snuggled into his stomach, wrapping her arms around him leaving him to gasp in surprise.

"So.. much better" Khushi sighed.

Arnav was sitting still, surprised at his wife's antics and smiled at her words.

"Khush.."

"Kya hai Laad-Governor? (What is it Laad-Governor?)"

"Do want me to carry you to the bathroom and dump you in the tub there?" Arnav asked, a hint of a threat evident in his voice.

"What do you want?" He could hear her cribbing, almost envisioning the pout that was surely present on her rose petal like lips.

"I want you to wake up like a good girl, and eat something. It's very late and I don't want you to delay your breakfast anymore." Arnav said softly

Khushi sighed sleepily, opening her eyes ever so slowly turning to lie on her back. A smile formed on her lips seeing her husband smiling affectionately at her.

"This is the best morning I've had this week." Khushi whispered sitting up on the bed

"Yeah?" Arnav smiled, kissing her forehead lovingly.

"Um-hmm" Khushi nodded "You've been very busy all this week"

"Right, Did my Khushi miss me?" Arnav asked softly cupping her face

Khushi nodded with a pout. Arnav smiled and pecked her lips "I missed you too Khushi."

"How's everything?" Khushi asked

"Everything's fine. The deal's sealed." Arnav said proudly.

"Congratulations!" She squealed in delight.

"I love you." Arnav kissed her nose.

Khushi giggled, "I love you"

There is not really a plot in this. Just like a glimpse of their lives.. like a sneak-peek.

So.. Tell me?

How's it?

I hope you like it.

Let me know.

Amazing
Good
Bad
Bearable

Vote
Comment
Follow

Love
Vinny