𝕊𝕙𝕒𝕕𝕠𝕨: ℕ𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕊𝕜𝕪

╭┉┉┅┄┄┈•◦ೋ•◦❥•◦ೋ•

•◦ೋ•◦❥•◦ೋ•┈┄┄┅┉┉╯

•◦ೋ•◦❥•◦ೋ•┈┄┄┅┉┉╯

You were an orphan for most of your life. You didn't get to see most of the world, everything was new to you. At the age of 14 you were finally adopted, but it wasn't what you wanted. A prison guard adopted you, and you now stayed on the island prison with your adoptive father. You always wished you can go outside, and see the wonders of the world. See what these so-called "Video games" are. You were fascinated by everything. Especially a particular hedgehog. An ebony hedgehog would come to the island. His reasons were unknown to you, but you figured it was something that had to do with the government. You didn't have knowledge of what was going on, so most of the time you pieced things together.

You grew fond of the ebony hedgehog. He just interested you, and for no reason. You've approached him before and talked, you could say you "hung out" with him if you consider watching prisoners being interrogated by your father while he and you just watched. You considered each other friends. Even though he was more of an acquaintance. You always grew excited when he came, you didn't even know his name and you considered him your best friend. Shows how lonely you were.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•

You sat up from your hard bed. You haven't gotten a good night's sleep in ages, and you were pretty sure you weren't going to get one anytime soon. You sighed to yourself. 'I'm tired of this place... I need fresh air.' You stood up, the bed creaked as you did so. You put a hoodie on over your t-shirt and quietly tip-toed out of your room, being careful not too wake anyone up or trigger alarms. You made it to the front of the building. You slipped through a tiny open with Broken bars that had yet to be fixed. Once that was done, you looked out at the night sky, the twinkling stars. It was beautiful. You took a deep breath and slowly walked forward, savoring the moment. The grass on your bare feet felt wonderful. It was better than always walking in cold metal. You walked a bit outwards until you finally settled. You sat down admiring the moon. You couldn't believe that you were missing this beauty, every day, night. You leaned back and laid down on the grass. You felt free for once, the air felt thinner compared to the air inside. Everything was just 100x better.

"(Y/N)? Is that you?" You heard a voice say, you heard his footsteps in the grass. You knew that voice, so you didn't bother to move a muscle. "What are you doing out here? You should be asleep." Shadow stood next to you, arms crossed. You didn't flinch. Your focus was on the night sky. Moments passed until you finally spoke.

"I wonder if I'll ever see what's out there..." You finally spoke. "What's it like? Is it always this beautiful?" You slowly lifted your arms up, as if you were reaching for the stars like you were going to hold one. Your (F/C) glowed in the moonlight. Your (E/C) twinkled looking at the stars. Shadow couldn't help but blush a bit, but it was night. No one could notice. He hesitantly sat down next to you. "The stars are twinkling, the moon glows, the sky is a beautiful purple and blue. I wish I could see this every night." You sat up and looked at him straight in the eyes. Shadow stared at you for a moment, but his gaze shifted to the night sky. He chuckled to himself a bit.

You reminded him of Maria and her curiosity for the earth. How she longed to be standing on the grass, looking at the sky. It saddened him a bit. "You remind me of an old friend of mine." You perked up. 'This edge Lord has friends?' "What was their name?"

"Her name was Maria." You two sat there for a short moment until you finally asked a question. "What was she like?" Shadow responded without skipping a beat. "She was very sweet. She had a very kind heart. And she was very curious about the earth and it's wonders."

"She wasn't here on Earth..?"

Shadow sighed, memories of Maria and the ARK were coming back. "No, she was not earth. But she longed to be here. And I made a promise to her that we would both make it here. But..."

"What happened to her?"

"She got shot," Shadow stated bluntly, he sounded angry.

You sat there for a brief moment before talking once again. "Oh... I'm sorry for bringing that up..." Shadow sighed and leaned back a bit. "No, no, it's alright..." After a few moments of you two sitting in the grass, Shadow finally got up. "Alright, I think it's time you should get back inside." You pouted, "Awe! Please 5 minutes?? Please???" Shadow stopped walking and looked back at you. You were crawling towards him, totally not weird at all. You stopped at his feet and begged. "Please!? I don't get to see the stars every night, this may be the last time I see them for a while so please?" Shadow looked down at you in annoyance. But his expression slowly changed to a calm look. "Fine... But only 5 more minutes."

You gasped and hugged his legs. "Yay! Thank you so much friend!" Quickly you shuffled back to your spot you were sitting in. Shortly, he walked towards you and stood behind you. He sighed. "My name is Shadow." You looked up at him in confusion, "Hmm?"

"You keep calling me friend, indicating that you do not know my real name. So my name is Shadow." You looked up at him and smiled. "Well then, Thank you Shadow."

He stood next to you with his eyes closed, You could say he was reflecting on life. After a few minutes, he started to walk away. "Come on (Y/N), it's time for you to head back." No response. "(Y/N)?" He looked back, only to find you sleeping on the grass. He sighed and picked you up bridal style, carrying you back to your room. When he entered your room, he set you on your bed and tucked you in. He stared at you for a bit, An innocent child, calmly sleeping. He found it...Cute... He sighed and turned off the lights and walked out.

"I promise you that you'll be able to see the stars every night."

"I promise."

__________________________________