Epilogue Part Three (Four Years Later)

Albus drove his black car to Malfoy Manor on a Wednesday morning. Scorpius thought that he was going by the store to get some groceries and was sleeping in. Or at least trying.

Albus knocked on the front door and said hello to the new house-elf that Mr Malfoy had gotten when he gave Vimy to Scorpius and him when they moved into the country home. It was only a half-hour drive from there to London.

The house-elf let him come in and Draco met him in the parlour and said, "Hello, Albus."

"Hi, Draco. I, uh, I wanted to speak to you."

Draco didn't have time to say anything before Albus pulled a black, velvet box from his pocket. He smiled like an idiot when Draco's eyes grew wide.

"Is that a..." Draco trailed off when Albus opened it, revealing a simple, but extravagant, band. "Scorpius...?"

"No, Teddy," Albus said dryly. He was kidding, of course. Teddy and James were wed last year. The wizarding community was shocked but mostly happy. "Yes, Scorpius."

Draco smiled and asked, "You haven't asked him yet?"

Albus shook his head. "I wanted to ask for...uh, your blessing?"

Draco put his hand out and said, "Be true, " as he shook Albus' hand and pulled him into a fatherly hug. Albus left with the biggest smile.

Albus drove quickly to Number Twelve Grimmauld Place and opened the front door, seeing his mother and father speaking to Lily, who was filling out an application for a job at the Ministry.

"Hello, Albus," Harry said.

"How's Scorpius?" Ginny asked.

Albus reached into his pocket wordlessly and pulled out the box and placed it on the table. Lily asked, "A ring...?"

Albus nodded as Lily opened the little box with a gasp. "I already spoke to Mr Malfoy."

"What did he say?" Ginny asked.

" 'Be true'."

Albus stood awkwardly as Ginny and Lily gawked at the band. He heard his father's chair scrape lightly against the floor and, thinking he was going to leave the room, Albus didn't look in his direction. But he felt arms wrap around him and a whisper says, "I'm proud of you."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Albus, Scorpius, and their two adopted magical children posed for the portrait. The young boy asked Scorpius to fix his dirty blonde hair to a more practical style, his mismatched eyes shining.

"Sam, " Scorpius said. "for a third time?"

Sam nodded and added, "Please?"

Scorpius sighed and tapped his wand against his adoptive son's head and the hairstyle changed once again. "Last time."

The little girl with dark brown hair and silver eyes held her arms up to Albus, who picked her up. He swung her around while Scorpius cried, "Don't mess up her hair!"

"Birdie likes me, " Albus countered while Draco said, "Okay, on three!"

Albus and Scorpius stood together, one of Albus' arm wrapped around Scorpius' waist and he placed his other hand on Birdie's tiny shoulder, the five-year-old waving her arms and pouting because she wanted to be picked up again.

Scorpius put both of his hands on Samuel's shoulders, the adorable nine-year-old smiling widely. Scorpius said, "Birdie, don't do that, please."

Albus reached into his pocket and gave the little girl a soft lemon drop. Her greedy little hands happily stuffed the candy in her mouth and smiled. Scorpius chuckled and whispered, "We can't do that forever."

"But we can for now."

"Can I have a sweet too?" Sam asked Albus just as Draco snapped the photo. Harry groaned good-natured like and said to Draco, "He'll love Hogsmeade."

Albus sighed, but smiled, pulling another one of the lemony sweets from his pocket and handing it to the boy. Birdie turned around and held her arms up again and said, "Pick me up."

Albus shook his head and answered, "No, we've gotta take the picture for the portrait. Then I'll pick you up."

"Talk in complete words, Albus." Scorpius reminded him.

"We've gotta hurry up and take this photo."

"Al, " Scorpius said.

"I want you to pick me up, please? I don't wanna stand." Birdie cried, toddler tears filling her eyes. Albus and Scorpius both sensed a tantrum coming on so Albus lifted her up, holding her close to him. Albus smoothed her hair and she smiled, all of her tears forgotten.

"You're very happy all of a sudden, " he pointed out to the five-year-old. She smiled evilly.

Teddy told Albus, "Turn to the side so that we can see both of your faces."

Albus did so, leaning his back and shoulders on Scorpius and Draco told them all, "Look at the camera!"

Draco quickly snapped the photo while all four Potter-Malfoy's were looking where they were supposed to for once.

Albus thought to himself as he gave both of his children a small peck on their foreheads and Scorpius a longer kiss on the lips, The perfect beginning to the perfect story...