Part Nineteen: Secret

As the two were walking up the drive to Malfoy Manor, Scorpius and Albus were walking so close together that their thighs and hips were bumping together merrily, their hands now warmer despite the frigid air.

Albus opened the front door to the Manor, letting Scorpius walk in before closing it behind them. Draco saw them and asked, "How was it?"

Scorpius blushed sweetly and answered, "Fun. Thank you again, "

Albus scratched his hot neck and ran his thumb across the back of Scorpius' hand. Surely Scorpius didn't talk to his father about him, right? He wouldn't talk to Draco about the intense kiss on the side of the road, right?

What if he saw somehow? It initially seemed like a stretch, but the more Albus thought about it, it seemed more possible. Draco could have been looking out of a window on the top floor, making sure his son and Albus made it down the road safely since neither of them had a wand with them. What if he just so happened to look out of a window and saw Albus hoisting Scorpius up into the air, followed by Scorpius and him engaging in a kiss?

"Vimy prepared roasted butternut squash soup. She's in the kitchen waiting for you two, " Draco said, nodding towards the kitchen/dining room doors. Scorpius tugged him along and Albus looked back at Draco, who mouthed the words, "I know."

The thick yellow soup was delicious along with homemade bread. It instantly warmed the two up as they spoke to each other from across the table. Scorpius asked, "What day do you leave?"

"Two more nights and I leave the third morning."

Scorpius frowned sadly and Albus added, "But I'm sure you can stay a day or two at Grimmauld Place with us. To...clear some things up."

Scorpius' frown deepened. "I hate it when you put it that way."

Albus tore a bit of bread as he said, "Sorry. I'm not that good with words, Scorpius the Unanxious."

"Eat your food, " Scorpius muttered, his face turning quite red. Scorpius looked down at his soup and Albus silently leaned across the table and stretched his arm out, fluffing up Scorpius' bangs. Scorpius closed his eyes and leaned into Albus' touch with a shy, but happy, smile.

Albus heard the door open and instinctively sat down quickly, jerking his hand away from Scorpius' soft blonde hair. Scorpius looked hurt and looked up the see Albus' hands shaking nervously.

Scorpius looked up at the entrance and saw his father walking towards the sink, placing a cup of tea in the sink. Scorpius asked when his father left, "What happened?"

Albus told him what his father mouthed to him a few minutes earlier. Scorpius laughed and said, "He's just trying to make you nervous. He probably was talking about us sleeping together. Falling asleep."

Albus said, "I'm sure that's not what he was talking about."

"I'm sure it was, " Scorpius argued. "Father? Can you come in here for a second?"

Draco opened the door and poked his head in. Albus was already giving Scorpius the 'I know I'm right' look.

"Albus thinks that you saw something earlier, but I already told him that you saw us asleep together."

"I already told Albus that I saw you two."

"He thinks I'm wrong, " Albus said.

Draco looked at Scorpius and deadpanned, "I saw you two kissing outside."

He left and Albus laughed at a shocked and red Scorpius.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~