Part Ten: Back

On the Hogwarts Express, Albus and Scorpius took their usual seats in the compartment in the back of the train.

The two sat close to each other, relishing the fact that they would only have a little more than an hour together before going back home to their families. Scorpius was openly sad while Albus tried to give the fact that he was extremely upset.

"Are you sure about this, Scorp?"

"I'm more than sure. Calm down, " Scorpius said, leaning his head onto Albus' shoulder.

Albus leaned his chin on Scorpius' head, uncertain if they were doing the right thing. Albus held onto Scorpius' hand and ran his thumb across the top of his pale hand.

Their compartment door opened suddenly and Lily Potter, Albus' younger sister, entered. She tossed her red hair when she saw her brother and Scorpius together.

"What, Lily?" Albus asked shortly and stiffly, not liking the way his sister was looking at the two of them.

"Are you gonna tell Mum and Dad?" she asked, pursing her lips as if she were sucking on something sour.

"First of all, don't make that face, " Albus growled angrily. "And second of all, I'll tell them when I want so don't go telling them the moment we get into the car."

Lily dropped her face and asked in a quieter and sweeter voice, "When? And I won't tell them. Promise."

Albus accepted the promise, but he didn't trust it. The difference between her and James was their ability to keep secrets. When Albus told James something, he turned into a human vault, not telling anybody nor tipping anybody off. Lily is more like a bomb, going off at any time and usually when you didn't want her to say anything.

"Before Christmas, " Albus answered.

Scorpius said, "Albus, Christmas is in a week and a half."

"So?"

"You're coming to my house in two days and you're going to stay for at least four days. That's six days. Then you have six days until Christmas."

"Just because you already told your father and he doesn't care, doesn't mean that my dad will not care, " Albus snapped, very cross all of a sudden. His happiness was already fading rapidly and he couldn't bear to be at his home, especially since he had said that he would tell his parents about him being gay.

Albus let go of Scorpius' hand and crossed his arms and glared at the floor. Lily said, "Yeah, Dad might---"

"I'm sure he'll understand, " Scorpius assured Albus. "It won't be that bad."

 Albus looked at Scorpius for a moment before rolling his eyes with a low groan, looking back down at the floor.

Scorpius made a gesture to Lily and she backed out of the room silently. Scorpius put one of his hands on Albus' shoulder and the other one on Albus' face, trying to move the hair from his eyes. "Album, I'm sure it'll be alright."

"It'll be alright for you, " Albus whispered painfully. He looked into Scorpius' grey, blue, and purple eyes and then leaned his head on his best friend's chest. He breathed in the faint but noticeable fruity smell of his shampoo.

"Don't say that, " Scorpius whispered into Albus' ear sadly, tears filling his eyes. "Don't believe that. If you do, it will come true. That's what Mum always said to me when I was sad."

"I wish I could have met her."

Scorpius smiled and said, "She would have liked you."

The two shared a hug as they felt the train sway slightly along the tracks.

            ************************

Dread filled the pit of Albus' stomach as the train pulled into King's Cross station. Scorpius and Albus gathered their things and waited for the train to stop. Albus gave Scorpius a quick, but passionate, kiss on his lips.

"Albus, you need to remember to stay strong, okay?"

"Yeah, okay, Scorpius, "

The two walked off the train and onto the platform. Albus saw his father standing a pointed distance away from Scorpius' father. Albus walked with Scorpius to Draco, wanting to spend just another moment with Scorpius.

"Hello, Albus."

"Hi, Mr. Malfoy, " Albus said. He glanced at his father, who was accompanied by his mother, James, Ron, and Hermione. Rose and Hugo soon joined them. Ron and James were stealing glances at Albus.

"Call me Draco. Please."

Albus smiled and said, "Alright."

"Albus!" Harry called angrily. "Get over here!"

Albus rolled his eyes and said to Scorpius, "I'd better go before he throws a fit."

Scorpius laughed and said, "It's fine. Remember that well get you in two days. I'll write to you when we get to the Manor."

Albus nodded at Scorpius and told Draco and Scorpius goodbye.

Albus, Lily, James, and their parents left the station and got into the car, putting their trunks into the trunk, the three of them got into the backseat. James in the middle, Lily behind the passenger seat, and Albus behind the driver's seat. Albus put his hood over his head and pulled the strings so that it scrunched around his face, hiding the depressed look on it.

Lily was excitedly babbling about her first term while Albus closed his eyes and tried to take a nap. Harry asked him, "How was your term, Al?"

 Albus pretended that he was sleeping so that he didn't have to answer his dad. Ginny asked the same thing, but she got the same reaction from Albus as his father had gotten.

James elbowed his brother in the ribs and Albus' head shot up and he yelled, "James, what the hell?'

"Albus, watch your mouth, ” Ginny said.

 "Sorry, " Albus muttered, leaning his head back against the window.

"You gonna tell them?" James whispered quietly out of the corner of his mouth while Lily and Ginny were laughing.

Albus whispered back, "In a few days."

   A/N:
   Just wanted to say that this story was submitted for the 2019 Watty Awards! I wanted to thank my readers for continuing to read this story and I want you guys to KEEP READING!! Happy Pride Month 🌈
                           Love and More Love,
                   Emma, the author 💕