Part Six: The Fight

Scorpius and Albus were walking hand in hand to Divination after their double Potions class. Rose called Albus and he told Scorpius, "I'll meet you there, " and walked over to Rose, who was practically skipping in circles.

Scorpius took a detour to the library to drop off a book. He left and continued his way to Divination when he heard an all too familiar voice call out to him.

"Scorpius, "

He turned around and saw Rex walking over to him, anger clear on his face and his fists clenched in anger.

"Rex, "

Rex leaned close to Scorpius and said, "What the hell is wrong with you?"

"What do you---"

"You know what I'm talking about!" Rex yelled. "You walked into the Great Hall holding hands with Albus Potter! You slut!"

Scorpius felt like he had been slapped, and a second later, he had been slapped.

Rex shoved Scorpius roughly against the stone wall and put his hand on his throat.

Students around them gasped as Rex's fingers tightened and Scorpius gasped for air. A few girls screamed when Rex threw Scorpius to the ground on his stomach and twisted his arm at an ungodly angle. Scorpius cried out when he felt his shoulder pop, with blinding pain.

More screams erupted from the crowd when Rex was suddenly off of Scorpius and he heard several blows from behind him.

Albus had heard the screams and ran to where he saw Scorpius under Rex, who had a murderous look in his eyes. Albus threw himself at Rex Thomas and the two were brawling on the cold stone floor. He got a few good punches in before he was pulled off of him.

"Mr. Potter!"

He looked up and saw Professor McGonagall holding his shoulders, slightly shaking him.

"P-Professor?"

"Mr. Malfoy, please come with Mr. Potter and me to my office."

The three of them walked to the Headmistresses office, Professor McGonagall leading the way with Albus and Scorpius following. Albus noticed that Scorpius was holding his left arm awkwardly and close to his chest.

Albus caught his eye and mouthed, "What happened?"

Scorpius mouthed back, "Later, "

They finally made it to the Headmistresses office and walked in.

"Take a seat."

The two sat down in plush, black armchairs. Scorpius was still holding his arm awkwardly.

"Please explain what happened, "

Scorpius took a deep breath and explained what happened and why he did it, though he didn't tell McGonagall about him and Albus. McGonagall listened intently and nodded along.

When Scorpius had finished, she said, "I would not like this to happen again. Mr. Thomas seems to have...extreme anger problems. I do not want any other students harmed by his actions. Did he ever say that he was going to harm you past the point of recovery, Mr. Malfoy?"

Scorpius bit his bottom lip and looked down at his thighs. He could feel both Albus' and Professor McGonagall's eyes on him when he didn't answer immediately. He never told Albus what Rex had also told him the night that Albus kissed him.

"Scorpius? " Albus said quietly just as Professor McGonagall also said, "Mr. Malfoy?"

Scorpius closed his eyes and answered, "Yes...he told me last night that if I...that if I told anyone, he would make sure that I, as he said, 'wouldn't be able to tell anyone else about him' so I---"

"He said that to you?" Albus interrupted angrily. "Why didn't you tell me?"

Professor McGonagall said sternly, "Mr. Potter, if you do not sit down and be quiet, I will have you leave this office."

Albus sat down reluctantly and crossed his arms.

"Mr. Malfoy, Mr. Potter, I need you two to go down to the infirmary and have Madam Pomfrey care to your, wounds. In a little while, I will walk down there and discuss Mr. Thomas' punishment."

Albus nodded walked toward the door, opening it for Scorpius, who was hovering by McGonagall's desk still.

"What kind of punishment?"

"I will discuss it with Professor Flitwick also discussing how he usually behaves."

Scorpius nodded and walked to the door. As soon as they left the office, Albus asked, "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I didn't want to worry you even more than you were. I'm so, so, so, sorry..."

Albus ran his fingers through Scorpius' silky blonde hair and said, "I understand."

They made it to the infirmary and Madam Pomfrey asked, "Mr. Malfoy, what happened to your arm?" as she made him sit down.

"A fight."

"Minerva said that's what had happened, " she looked over at Albus and asked him, "Is there anything wrong with you more than your bruises and cuts?"

Albus looked at his reflection in the nearby window: the corner of Albus' lower lip and the middle of his upper lip was cut, he had a dark purple bruise over his left eye and another on his jawbone, his knuckles were split and had a little bit of dried blood on them. He hadn't seen his bad Thomas was, but Albus must have hit him pretty hard, judging by how beat up his knuckles were.

"No, I'm fine. Thank you."

Madam Pomfrey nodded and tended to Scorpius. She made him swallow a spoonful of purple sludge. She made him put his hurt arm in a black sling and said, "It was popped out of your socket...extremely far from your socket. You need to wear this for two weeks, take a spoonful of this twice a day when you wake up and before you go to sleep. I need to tend to some things in my office and you might want to stay here until Minerva comes to get you two---" Madam Pomfrey waved her wand and a platter of sandwiches and a pitcher of pumpkin juice appeared on a nearby nightstand. "---make sure you eat lunch."

She left and Scorpius stayed sitting on his bed and Albus pulled up a chair, sitting across from his injured boyfriend.

"You look really badass with those bruises and cuts, " Scorpius pointed out shyly, lowering his gaze and blushing.

Albus laughed quietly and put two of his fingers under Scorpius' chin, lifting his eyes back to his. "Really? You look really cute when you blush."

Albus kissed Scorpius' lips lightly.

They heard the infirmary door open and they separated.