19. Has Its Own Purpose

Start from the beginning

"Here"

I gasp when I felt a cold sensation on my cheeks. I look up and narrowed my eyes on this annoying smiling jerk in front of me.

"Hey, don't make that face big sis. You'll get wrinkles. Well if you did have them, your face will still be acceptable below average, so don't worry"

Acceptable below average?!

Gun...where's my gun?!

I made a 'hmp' sound and rudely took the cold drink he offered.

Nick chuckled lightly from my behavoir.

I ignored him and took a sip from my drink as he did the same.

We sat quietly on a couch in a secluded area of the establishment...I guess this place has a resting area also. It's just...I did not imagine it to be so extravagant. Located on a top floor, has expensive looking couch and table. The place was decorated with exquisite furnitures, one can also see the view of the city from the floor to ceiling glass windows...really what a lavish room

But...

"How come there's no one else using this place?"

"Ah? Because this whole floor is exclusively for me" Nick replied flippantly.

My eyes darted to him, "What?"

He cheekily smiled at me, "I own this establishment big sis"

I should have known when I saw how the two guards slightly bowed their heads when we came in, the manager even came out and respectfully greeted him and the whole place was just too massive and extraordinary to be a simple arcade store.

"Let me guess, this is only one of your business"

"Nope. This is only my business"

I knitted my brows, "No way"

He chuckled amusedly, "Yes way"

"Hmm...well, I guess it'll just take some time before you inherit your father's business" I just casually commented, not really thinking anything deep into it. I knew it was a mistake when I felt him instantly stiff beside me.

An awkward silence descended on the air for a long moment. I bit my lower lip for my carelessness and was about to brush off my earlier comment by changing the topic when he suddenly answered, "No, I won't"

It was the second time I saw his facial expression turned serious and voice no longer held any genial sunny tone.

He heaved a sigh, "My father wanted me to take over the company after him. From the start he groomed me to meet his expectations. Same old boring class and training, ironically it was fun and interesting in the beginning. Hearing his praise and acknowledgement, I thought it was all good even though I find the whole lessons to be bothersome"