NINETEEN || SAME GRAVES

"Wolfie," Dray gasped, struggling to his feet. "You good, man?"

Wolfgang turned around to face the boy, and an unexplainable chill went through Dray as Wolfgang huffed. "Yeah, bro, I'm all good."

"Something doesn't feel right," Dray said, holding his hand to his ribs (which were most likely broken or very bruised because of Romero's crowbar), looking around. "Don't you feel like we got the wrong guy?"

​"Nah," Wolfie said, his tone still off. "That bastard was part of the club that murdered Dixie."

Dray froze, his head spinning. "What? I-I thought...they said Dixie died in a bike crash."

Wolfgang coughed, his tone going very cold. "Well, she did. But that was only part of it."

As Dray listened uncomprehendingly, a nauseating feeling started to eat away at him. "What the fuck do you mean, Wolf? What do you mean, part of it?"

"Well, Enriquez knew she had to fucking go after she saw what he was planning. Dixie running her mouth would've ended badly for all of us."

A cold fist gripped Dray as he realized that Wolfgang was talking about Marco Enriquez, the President of the Calaveras MC. "Y-you--" He choked. "You fucking t-tra--"

"Traitor?" Wolfgang finished for him. "Nah. I decided I'd been fighting for the wrong side all along. The Calaveras offered me the chance to take out two crumbling MCs at once. The Night Walkers and the Serpents? Like come on!" He laughed, and Dray nearly passed out. "When he said Dixie was my responsibility, I thought, "Finally!" I kinda felt bad when I chased her that night, but not as bad as when I put that bullet in her pretty little head."

Wolfgang laughed again, the sound grating and horrible. "How could you do this, Wolf? How could you do this to Dev?" Dray gasped, the pain in his chest growing worse as he hyperventilated. Wolfgang's face twisted at the mention of his brother.

"Devereaux won't know about this. He can't."

Dray scoffed. "You're fucking delusional if you think he won't find out."

He knew he should have seen it coming. He knew. But Wolfgang was too fast. He moved with almost inhuman speed, driving his knife up under Dray's ribs. Dray's eyes went wide as he choked, shock coursing through his veins. Wolfgang let him sink to the ground, turning away as Dray's hands wrapped around the hilt, his own blood running slick and hot over his trembling fingers.

"I'm sorry shit had to go down like this." Wolf said as Dray struggled to breathe.

"I t-thought I could...t-t-trust...you..." Dray rasped, blood bubbling up from between his lips. "I thought w-w-we were...f-friends!"

"It was all part of the plan." Wolfgang said, his voice cold and toneless. He almost sounded as if he was telling himself rather than Dray. Faintly, Dray heard a mechanical clicking, and his eyes widened when Wolf turned around with a glock in his hand.

"What are...y-you doing? What...?"

"It's too late, man." Wolfgang said. "Struggle all you want, but you won't be leaving this place. Alive, anyway."

He gasped as he felt the cold metal of the muzzle against his temple, unable to look at Wolfgang Graves. "No...p-please..."

"Goodbye, Sanchez."

Dray closed his eyes.