EIGHT || KNOCK KNOCK, IT'S YOUR FRIENDS, THE GHOULIES

Fallon woke the next morning feeling exhausted, snuggling deeper into Sweet Pea's chest as she breathed in his smell. She'd always loved it, the scent of cheap cologne, cigarettes, and leather. "Good morning, baby." He said, his voice deeper in the mornings. She said nothing, wrapping her arms around him tighter. "You okay?" He asked softly, and she sighed. "Complex question."

    "So what exactly happened between you and Dallas last night?" He asked as she sat up to feed Forsythia, who was now awake and whining. "Don't wanna talk about it." She mumbled, and surprisingly, he merely shrugged. "Okay. But just know that I'll love you through it."

    "Jesus, Romeo, when'd you get so romantic?" Fallon giggled as her fiance placed a kiss on her bare shoulder. "Just thought you could use a little extra loving s'all." He grinned, trailing more kisses up her neck. "Well," Fallon said, setting Forsythia down after she was done eating, "You guessed right."

    She fell back into Sweet Pea's arms, feeling his laugh vibrate through his lips onto hers like music, his hands creeping up under her black tank top. She was so lost in him that she almost didn't hear the shouts from outside, and it was only when she heard a gunshot that she tore away from him.

    "What was that?" He asked, his eyes wide with alarm.

    "That," She growled, pulling on her boots, her holsters, and then her jacket, already in black skinny jeans and a tank, "Was either the sound of an idiot who doesn't know how to use a firearm or something much worse."

    "I'll take the baby to Mama Leone and then I'll meet you in the main." He said, his eyes dark. "Okay," Fallon said, ducking out of the tent, tossing an "I love you" over her shoulder.

    Eyes blazing, she sprinted through the camp to find it in absolute chaos. "Fallon!" She heard a yell, and saw Fangs wrestling with a Ghoulie, who was trying to choke him out. Without hesitation, she pulled her gun from it's holster and fired a shot through her brother's attacker's head. "Holy shit!" Fangs gasped as he pushed the dead Ghoulie off of him, his eyes wide with shock. "We don't have time for that. Let's go." She said, hauling him to his feet.

    The siblings ran through the camp, watching Ghoulies and Serpents brawl, Fallon grinning darkly as she saw Dixie unflinchingly slit a girl's throat, her face a mask of ice. She sensed someone else running beside her, and looked up to see her man sprinting with her and her brother.

    "Oh, Fallonnnnn..." She heard a voice singsong, and froze in her tracks, turning around to see Penny Peabody stalking towards her, an evil grin on her face. "Penny...I would say welcome, except I kind of hate your black guts." Fallon spat, and Penny merely smiled wider. "Oh, baby, I wouldn't be talking like that if I were in your position."

    She motioned one of the Ghoulies forward, and Fallon let out an animalistic scream of horror when she saw her baby in the arms of the enemy.

Dimly she realized that the Serpents and the Ghoulies were facing off, all of her friends on one side and all of the Ghoulies on the other. "No!" She shrieked, lunging for Penny, but was ripped back by Fangs, while the Graves brothers and Jughead tried to hold back Sweet Pea, who was straining to get to Penny.

    "Now, now, Mommy and Daddy, don't do something you'll regret." Penny smirked, and Fallon heard a whisper next to her ear. "Fallon, stop. You gotta stop." Dallas had Fallon in a vice grip, her arms locked around the struggling girl.

    "No! No!" Fallon was choking, blinded by terror and fury.

    "I'd listen to the lady." Penny said, and Fallon narrowed her eyes, all of her anger now focused on Penny. "Give me my daughter." Fallon hissed, the sound ripping through her vocal chords. Penny giggled, and wagged her finger at Fallon. "Oh, Fallon, you know me, nothing comes without a price."

    "I thought you gave her to Mama Leone!" Fallon choked at Sweet Pea, and he stared down at her, wide eyed. "I fucking did! Jesus Christ, she better be alive..."

    Malachi stepped forward, a twisted grin on his face. "I wantcha back, Zombie Doll. You for the kid." He said, and Sweet Pea growled low in his throat. "No! Fallon, don't you fucking dare--" He started, but she was already shouting her answer. "Done!"

    "Tick tock, Serpent Queen!" Penny called, and Fallon choked back a sob as she pressed a frantic kiss to Sweet Pea's lips. "I love you. Remember that." She whispered, feeling him try to hold onto her as she tore herself away.

    As she turned to walk towards the Ghoulies, Dallas grabbed her arm. "Fallon, no! If you go back to them, you will die." She begged, and Fallon choked back her pride. "There are worse things." She said, forcing her arm from Dallas's grip.

    "Oh, and Fal...lose the gun and the jacket. You aren't fooling anyone." Penny said, and Fallon closed her eyes as she slipped her jacket off, the brass knuckles in her pockets clinking as it fell to the ground. She slipped off her holster, laying it on top of her jacket.

    Penny took Forsythia from the Ghoulie who held her, and met Fallon in the middle, handing her the child who she in turn passed off to Dixie. When Dixie and Forsythia were a safe distance away, Fallon moved quick as a viper, grabbing Penny by the hair and slipping her switchblade out of the band of her jeans, Penny gasping as Fallon held the blade to her throat.

    "Don't forget, Penny," Fallon hissed in her ear, "You're not the only one with any logic here."

    Some of the Ghoulies stalked forward, but Fallon pressed her knife into Penny's skin, forcing a yelp from the woman. "Any of you sons of bitches come any closer, I will slit her fucking throat."

    "Careful, Fallon..." She heard Jughead say, low in his voice, but she ignored him, laser focused on Malachi. "I'll give her back on the condition that you fuckers leave our home and never come back."

    To her confusion, Malachi merely shrugged. "Go ahead. Slit her throat. The bitch is expendable anyway." Penny stiffened in Fallon's hands, obviously shocked at the Ghoulie's words. "Then why have you kept her around for so long, huh? She have something you want?" Fallon snapped, unintentionally pressing her knife harder into Penny's throat, this time breaking the skin and letting a bead of blood appear.

    Malachi clearly wasn't expecting that from Fallon, his eyes widening slightly. "Okay, fine. But this ain't over." He snit, and Sweet Pea came up behind Fallon, lowering his lips to her ear. "Come on, Blue Eyes. Let her go."

    Fallon let out a frustrated hiss, throwing Penny to the ground at Malachi's feet, the woman letting out a groan as she had the wind knocked from her lungs. Fallon spit on her back, conviction burning in her eyes as she backed away from Penny and Malachi.

    "Get out of here. Now." Jughead barked, and slowly, the Ghoulies slunk away, disappearing into the trees.

    Fallon fell backwards into Sweet Pea's chest, a sob that she didn't even know she was holding back releasing into the air. She turned into him, one of his hands on the back of her head and the other on her back, holding her as close to him as he could.

    "Jesus Christ, Fallon," He said sternly against her hair, unable to hide the crack in his voice. "Don't you ever pull a stunt like that again." Fallon could do nothing but hold onto him, her face pressed into his chest.

    She finally let go of him to hold Forsythia, who was given to her by a tearful Dixie.

    Fallon could feel Dixie staring at she, Sweet Pea, and their daughter, but she pushed it to the back of her mind as she held her baby close, vowing to never leave her again.