FIVE || GEARING UP FOR A WAR

I thought they'd crumbled!" Jughead yelled, the congregation of Serpents shifting uncomfortably. "Nope," Said Dev, "In fact, they're stronger than they were before."

    The "they" in question was the MC known as Las Calaveras, a gang who, much like the Ghoulies, specialized in murder, drug running, and were rumored cannibals. They were based in New York, and up until ten minutes ago had been thought by the Serpents to be nearly extinct.

    "Son of a bitch," Fallon growled, the fact that there was a happily snoozing baby snuggled against her chest not making her any less frightening (In fact, Sweet Pea thought it made her even more so). "What does Knox think? I mean hell, the leadership of the Night Walkers has been solid for over fifteen years, half of their First Nine are still on their Commission!"

    "And look at us. We have an entirely new Officers Commission, and despite it being full of smart kids, we have significantly less experience leading a club. Sure, Jughead is President, Fallon is VP, Sweet Pea is the new Sgt. At Arms, I'm the new Treasurer, and the position of Secretary changes every two days. All of our First Nine are either dead or retired!" Fangs snapped, everyone nodding in agreement. "How the fuck are we gonna fight a war on two fronts if the Calaveras suddenly decide they want to start shit?"

    "Calm down, Fangs, nothing's happened yet. And now that we have four former Walkers with us, we know that Knox is going to throw his full support behind the Serpents if the Ghoulies advance past the tracks." Sweet Pea grumbled. Fallon threw Jughead a look, and he nodded, knowing what she was thinking.

    She stood, all eyes turning to her. "I nominate Dallas Wiley to the position of Secretary for the Southside Serpents."

    Dallas's jaw dropped, and Jughead nodded. "I second the motion. Dallas, Fallon wouldn't nominate you if she didn't think you could handle it."

    "Consider my vote a Yay." Sweet Pea said, Fangs nodded. "Mine too."

    "All for?" Jughead called, and over 90 percent of the Serpents raised their hands into the air. "All against?" Only some, but the vote was already decided. "Get up here, Dal." Fallon said, Dallas coming to sit up with the Officers, a wide grin on her face. "Welcome to the Commission."

    "Speech! Speech! Speech!" Devereaux started to chant, pulling some laughs from the crowd. "Well," Dallas started, "I guess I'm just thankful to be back. And I'm grateful to the President and VP of this MC for giving me a damn good opportunity like this."

    Cheers erupted as Fangs pounded Dallas on the back, Fallon shocked at the fact that her baby was still asleep. Sweet Pea wrapped an arm around his fiancee's shoulders, everyone in a much better mood. "Do you think we'll make it through this, baby?" She asked him, and he laughed. "We always do."

~~~~~

    "Please be safe." Sweet Pea pleaded with Fallon as he kissed her goodbye, Dixie holding Forsythia a few paces away, making the baby smile as she bounced her gently. "No promises." Fallon said, and after her fiance gave her a stormy look, she sighed. "Okay, I will try. But you know this is a no promises kind of trip."

    Over by the bikes, Jughead called out. "You ready, Fal?" Fallon huffed, reaching up to pull Sweet Pea's face down to her for one last kiss. "I love you, Sweet Pea. You call me or Jones if anything goes south, okay?" She said, already missing the feeling of his big hands on her waist. "You know I will, Blue Eyes. I love you too." He said, pressing a kiss to her forehead. Fallon walked over to Dixie, placing a kiss on her baby's head.

    "I love you, my angel. You be good for Daddy and Auntie Dixie, okay?" She whispered against Forsythia's head, the baby gurgling. "I'll take good care of Sweets and the little miss, Fal. Don't worry." Dixie smiled, giving Fallon a one armed hug. "I know you will, lady." Fallon smiled.