p r o l o g u e

𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕒𝕝𝕨𝕒𝕪𝕤 𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕝𝕚𝕜𝕖 𝕚𝕥'𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕓𝕖𝕘𝕚𝕟𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘...

10 years ago...

y/n's pov

I was playing at the park all by myself as usual. I didn't have any friends, so I was used to being alone; it didn't bother me as much. I had no issue with being alone, but what actually hurt was getting bullied just cause I had no friends.

While I was swinging, I heard footsteps approaching me. I didn't even bother to see who it was cause I already knew. It was the same every day; my bullies would come and beat me up and curse at me. I have always wanted to stand up for myself, but being an eight-year-old girl, I couldn't do much. I just had to bear all the pain and pray I don't get many bruises afterwards.

"Hey" I heard Vernon call for me. I didn't dare to turn around and face him. My eyes were getting watery already. I hated being this weak so much, but there was nothing I could do. "Hey, cant you hear me? You better get ready for some hard ones today" I gulped and nodded slowly. With that, Vernon called out for his friends to help him. They kicked, punched and pulled my hair. I felt so fragile as if I was about to blackout. Honestly, it was all too much for me to handle, and I was about to give up. Then I heard someone shout.

"You all, leave her alone. Touch her again or else" someone stood up for me for the first time. Even though I didn't understand why he was helping me out, I was very grateful. "Or else what?" Vernon snickered, pushing me. With the harsh impact, my arm ached so much, so I cried even more. "Or else this" the boy smirked and punched Vernon straight in the face. I gasped at the scene. No one had dared to do such a thing to Vernon before. I was amazed and stared at the boy with admiration in my eyes. "Hi, are you okay?" the boy sweetly asked me, which I answered with a nod and a small smile.

After that day, I never got bullied again, and the best part was that I wasn't a loner anymore. I had a friend, a best friend to be exact, Kim Seungmin. We had gotten so close in such a short time. We did everything together and were inseparable. He was the kindest person I have ever seen, and we cared for each other deeply.

Well, everything changed...

_________________________________________

Hi everyone!! Sorry since it's only the prologue, it's quite short. It's my first fanfic, so it might be a little bad at first, but I promise it will get better :) (edited kinda)